Your new company
Reporting to the owners of this fast-growing SME Business based in North Kent. Ultimately, taking on the full responsibility of the day-to-day operations of the finance department. Responsible for closing month end/year-end, producing management accounts, maintaining purchase and sales ledger, credit control, weekly cash planning, P& L/Balance Sheet/Cash Flow forecast, financial planning, ensuring regulatory compliance, and any other ad-hoc duties that are required in the finance department
Your new role
- Complete month-end and produce management accounts and issue to the board/founders with commentary monthly.
- Managing accounting systems and all process/system changes.
- Support owners and company secretaries in budgeting, forecasting and cash planning.
- Manage year-end accounts and annual audit, liaising with appointed auditors
- Manage accounts payable and receivable, ensuring all transactions are accurately processed in a timely manner.
- Complete and submit VAT returns and other ad hoc tasks.
- Bank Reconciliations and weekly cash planning.
- Manage all banking facilities and relationships.
- Liaise with budget owners at the end of each period and support cost control.
What you'll need to succeed
- Hold a professional accounting qualification (e.g CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Detailed knowledge of Excel, and general computer literacy
- Be used to operating in a business with restricted working capital, where cashflow is paramount to business risks and all decision-making.
- Knowledge and experience of Accounting systems including implementations
- Experience of working as a number 1 in finance role
What you'll get in return
The Financial Controller is paying £60-80,000 DOE + bonus and other great benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, you can reach me on or 01622 235682
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.