Your new company
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing medical and healthcare industry. This business prides itself on its excellent culture and ability to develop staff within a friendly workplace. The purpose of the role is to support the Finance Manager and the wider team with a broad scope of duties including management accounts, transactional processes and customer service.
Your new role
As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and issue the flash sales report to management, including business commentary.
- Complete third-party billing reconciliations for a range of revenue streams, providing comfort on billing integrity.
- Maintain working papers and prepare invoices for intercompany transactions and management charges.
- Support the balance sheet reconciliation process, taking ownership of select accounts.
- Prepare and post journals for accrued income, deferred income and any other ad-hoc journals needed.
- Assist with the preparation and posting of accrual and prepayment journals.
- Assist with the review and analysis of the management accounts and wider business performance, helping budget holders understand key trends and issues.
- Support the year-end close process, and form part of the working team for the annual audit. Working collaboratively with the audit team, delivering to an agreed timetable, and production of clear supporting schedules.
- Extraction and analysis of financial information and reports
- Setting up of customer accounts via established onboarding procedures ensuring that process is followed by the business, and appropriate authority is obtained.
- Reconcile customer ledger accounts, ensuring all necessary allocations are posted.
- Issue weekly update on collection progress and aged receivables status.
- Update the monthly credit management report and discuss emerging issues with management.
- Analyse and report on forecasted cash collections as part of wider cash management activities.
- Complete daily bank reconciliations to ensure that cash positions are kept fully up to date.
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate you will need:
- Adept in the use of financial systems and software with the ability to prepare reports
- Excellent communication skills across all levels
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to organise own time efficiently and to use initiative
- Ability to take ownership of role and responsibilities
- Currently undertaking (or a desire to do so) a professional accounting qualification
What you'll get in return
As the successful candidate, you will receive:
- £30,000-£35,000 salary
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holiday
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Group life assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Smarthealth app including fitness advice, mental health support and private GP
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.