We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.A career in our Tax Accounting practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.Our team provides our clients with customised tax solutions and tax accounting advice based on their niche and business need. You'll support the team with deferred tax validation projects, remediation and restatement, tax basis balance sheets and financial statement carve out preparation.
PwC's Accounting Services (AS) team is a leading provider of technology enabled compliance and integrated advisory services, working across an unrivaled range of prestigious clients. The variety of work, size of our team and focus on learning and development brings about opportunities to specialise in particular industries or technical areas.
Our team is agile and open to new ways of working. The investment in automation and robotics enables us to be at the forefront of change and innovative solutions, providing an outstanding client experience. The AS team is a team that respects and values each other, and has a strong reputation and profile.
Who we are looking for:
The AS team is looking for a qualified or part qualified ACA / ACCA Senior Associate, with tax compliance experience gained working within practice, to join the team.
An AS Senior Associate needs the ability to apply their knowledge to major proposals to help manage and grow the AS partnership tax compliance and accounting portfolio worldwide. In addition, the ability to contribute to the development of the accounting advisory service offering with regards to process improvement, technology, risk and controls is required.
The role also requires an ability to take responsibility for the management of junior colleagues, as well as participating in group management matters such as, effective financial management of own portfolio of clients and participation in group technical training meetings.
Some travel and overnight stays may be required.
As part of PwC, the largest global accounting firm, AS offers a challenging and exciting career path.
AS provides outsourced partnership tax compliance alongside accounting services. This role will include;
- Undertaking the preparation and completion of a wide range of partnership tax computations, including review of computations and assisting clients with queries
- Liaising with the Data Team to enable collection and analysis of tax data
- Dealing with client queries in relation to data requests, including preparation and review of follow up queries and correspondence with appropriate internal and external parties
- Preparing partnership tax computations and returns using the firm's standard software for internal review
- Organising, monitoring and managing your own workload
- Assisting in the development of colleagues as required, including delegation and coaching
- Working alongside the advisory teams to take the compliance offering to market.
- Drafting budgets and assisting with preparation and negotiations for new or repeat work. This is based on standard pricing structures in line with the firm's financial performance and risk management requirements.
AS has a varied and prestigious client base and works with various specialists in their own field which, combined with the importance placed on continuous technical training and personal development, provides an excellent opportunity for career development.
The individual will report directly to a team of Managers and Senior Managers, as well as the Director who leads AS.
- Qualified or part qualified CTA/ACA/ACCA with proven experience in a medium to large accountancy firm
- Strong tax skills and technical knowledge on preparation of computations and returns
- Tax literate, ideally with some experience of tax packages and very good excel spreadsheet skills
- Highly professional attitude to providing a quality service in a deadline driven environment.
- Self motivated with strong communication skills (written and oral). Demonstrate flexibility in changing client environments
- Ability to work in a team environment.