We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.We are looking for a knowledge specialist with a focus on Indirect TaxDue to unprecedented growth PwC is looking for a manager or senior manager to work in its knowledge, information and innovation groups to help drive its Indirect Tax practice forward into the future.With an unparalleled client base this opportunity represents a real tangible chance to work within a specialist team and help shape and build the business of the future within our Indirect Tax practice. You will be fully supported by the Knowledge, Information, Compliance, Legal, Consulting and Technology teams and leadership groups.The candidate can be based anywhere in the UK.About the role
Overall, we provide a full range of audit, tax and related financial advice to a portfolio of clients ranging from large multinationals to small local businesses and public organisations. The team is committed to providing proactive tax, technology, legal and business consultancy advice. As well as advising businesses of varying sizes, our clients operate across a diverse range of market sectors and geographies. One thing is guaranteed: the indirect tax practice offers a wide variety of opportunities.
One of the key areas we continuously improve is our knowledge management and the dissemination of curated and practical advice to our clients and our own teams that service these clients. In order to do this we have to identify, verify, analyse, curate and present this information in the best way possible and in a timely manner - our clients need to know the today, the tomorrow, and what it means for them.
The role will primarily focus on our on-line news channels (see examples here: Global VAT Online), generating/reviewing the news, both the technical and the practical and how we present and communicate this in a proactive and practical way for the audience to fully support their needs.Key areas:
The candidate will have the following key strengths:
- A thirst for the knowledge side of things - enjoying the technical challenge, the editorial challenge and the communication challenge of getting information successfully to the audience.
- Very strong technical and practical knowledge across indirect tax in the UK and overseas.
- Very good written and verbal skills making complex matters simple to digest and the ability to provide insight on simple and complex matters producing thought leadership on an array of topics.
- An enthusiastic approach to being creative and innovative with the approach to market and the use of technology, visualisation and the digital medium to improve both our internal and external productivity.
- A love for problem solving as any technical or practical query could come across their desk from anyone in the practice any day of the week.
- An ability to sell themselves and how we deliver information in a differentiating manner.
The candidate will be a self-starter, have a desire to make PwC the place to come for knowledge and have a passion and drive to take this forward; to be able to provide a technical and commercial centre of excellence as part of our team.