Your new company
This family run business has been in operation for nearly 50 years. Due to continued growth in overseas markets, they are looking to appoint a Financial Controller on a part-time basis.
Your new role
- Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the financial accounts and records, including account reconciliations
- Prepare accounts up to TB level and produce a management reporting pack in Excel.
- Monthly Fixed Asset register prepared and reconciled
- VAT Returns prepared and submitted
- To take a lead role in managing the relationship with the external auditors
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a proven track record in accounting, be well-versed in financial software, Excel, and possess excellent analytical skills. They should be able to work independently and efficiently, while also collaborating effectively with other members of our team. Strong communication skills are vital, as this role will interact with both staff members, advisors and our customers/suppliers.
- Qualifications desirable; ACA/ACCA/CIMA/QBE
- Experience of dealing with foreign currencies
- Experience of dealing with groups and intercompany transactions
- A high-level of presenting skills and interpretation of financial information.
- Assertive analysis of market trends and competitors.
- Experience of conducting reviews and evaluation of cost-reduction opportunities.
- Highly competent at managing financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- The ability to develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, such as Auditors, Solicitors, Bankers and Statutory Organisations such as the Inland Revenue.
- Be able to predict future trends, monitor cash flow and maintain budgets.
- The ability to use main accounting and office software packages competently, including Microsoft Excel, Access and Word. Experience of Sage 200 is preferable.
What you'll get in return
- On-site parking
- Flexible hours available
- Competitive pension and holiday package
- Opportunities for development and progression
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.