£35,000-£45,000 per annum (plus 10% bonus)
Mon-Fri (full-time - flexi hours and remote working opportunities available)
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are delighted to be supporting a superb local employer in the Evesham area with the recruitment of a Commercial Accountant on a permanent basis.
Our client, an extremely impressive and fast-paced business who are growing at a rapid rate, operate in both the UK and overseas and recognised as a world leader in their field.
Your new role
Reporting into the Senior Management Accountant on the UK side, you will be responsible for reporting and analysing the sales, margin and direct cost elements of the business whilst providing timely, accurate and insightful information to senior management.
- Daily, weekly and monthly sales/margin reporting
- Monthly analysis of the direct costs of the business including bad debt, settlement discount, marketing etc.
- Annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting
- Control spend, allocate costs and inform on variances/suggest savings
- Cost centre reporting and assisting with cost reviews
- Analysis and reconciliation of control and balance sheet accounts
- General ledger, accrual and prepayment journal postings
- Production and regular maintenance of Tableau dashboards and Excel reporting
- Uphold statutory audit requirements and assist with annual audit work
- Support with internal control processes and assist with the implementation of new processes
What you'll need to succeed
- ACCA/CIMA studier actively working towards the completion of your qualification
- Previous experience of working in either a management accounting or business partnering role
- Diligent and accurate with an interrogating and analytical approach to work
- Background working in a fast-paced and commercial business (retail/manufacturing/FMCG highly preferred)
- Able to build strong working relationships along with the confidence to influence/challenge senior stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on communication and presentation
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools such as Tableau or Power BI (highly advantageous)
- Strong Excel skills with working knowledge of Pivot Tables, LookUps, IF statements and experience of building reports/models
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £45,000 per annum (depending on experience and qualification) and the chance to broaden your experience in a rewarding organisation that provides excellent learning and development opportunities. Alongside this, an attractive benefits package is on offer which includes a financial KPI bonus scheme, study support, flexible working, 23 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays and an extra day off for your birthday), healthcare cash plan, enhanced pension scheme, employee discounts and much more. This is a hybrid role with 2 days working from the office in Evesham and 3 days WFH.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.