We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.Our Deals Tax team works closely with our Deals practice to advise on the tax implications of a variety of deals projects including; Business Recovery Services, Real Estate and Mergers and Acquisitions. Part of the wider Corporate Tax network, we're committed to driving collaboration and cross-working across specialities to drive innovation and success as we service clients all over the world.The role sits within the Restructuring Tax team, primarily advising on large-scale refinancings, debt and capital restructurings and corporate insolvencies. We work across the Deals business with a market that covers large corporate clients and lenders who operate around the world, across various industries and sectors including retail, manufacturing, insurance, banking, pensions, real estate, PFI, private equity and credit. We work closely with PwC Business Recovery Services, playing a key part in maximising value for stakeholders. We are commercially focused, prioritising our client's interests to achieve their business objectives whilst navigating the complexities of tax. Whilst our core focus is restructuring and insolvencies, our team also benefits from having ample opportunities to work across corporate M&A, private equity, real estate M&A, infrastructure and credit transactions. As a result our team gets the opportunity to work on and manage a wide range of transactions. Recent examples include a £1.5bn UK Property Group lender led enforcement and restructure, restructuring an international group's €10bn debt obligations and advising a well-known high-street brand on a potential £6bn IPO.Our team is fueled by open and curious minds who are passionate about their work. As part of the team you'll experience unparalleled opportunity to develop your career. You'll work on complex and challenging projects and gain experience working with prestigious and diverse clients - from high profile multinational organisations and private equity firms to start-ups and owner-managed businesses.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of a number of key client accounts, managing transactions and managing the client delivery, providing guidance to junior members and support to senior members of the team.
Given the nature of our work, it is often fast paced and requires a solid commercial understanding of a transaction and the ability to assimilate detailed information quickly and concisely. Much of our work is international and requires input from and management of teams from other PwC offices from around the world.
You will be the key point of contact on transactions and will be expected to create and maintain client relationships as well as relationships with lawyers and other advisers. Given the current market, being part of the restructuring tax team will provide opportunities to develop skills and knowledge which are extremely valuable to clients at present, and the volume of restructuring transactions is likely to increase in the near future.
Being in a relatively small team, we benefit from having and promoting a caring and fun working culture. We focus on providing on the job training and up-skilling our more junior members of staff as well ensuring that everyone is supported and can work flexibly when they need to.
- Managing a portfolio of existing clients who operate across a range of industries, and helping to build and develop relationships with potential new clients.
- Leading on transactions from beginning to end, being the main PwC point of contact for clients, their advisers and other stakeholders.
- Develop a sound commercial understanding of a client's business and objectives such that you can anticipate their needs and provide real value to clients.
- Coaching and helping the technical development of the more junior members of the working team, and playing an active role in the shaping and delivery of the team's long term business strategy.
Essential skills and experience
- Chartered Accountant (ACCA, ICAEW) or Chartered Tax Advisor (ATT, CTA) or equivalent international or legal professional qualification
- Previous tax experience
- Proven client management/consulting skills
- Experience of supervising/managing a team whilst handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- An ability to plan and deliver work against tight deadlines
- Responsive to change and adaptable to new situations
- Developed communication skills, specifically in negotiating and influencing others
- Able to demonstrate an analytical and logical approach to their work