£30,000-£50,000 per annum
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are exclusively supporting a small but growing organisation based in Malvern with the recruitment of a Management Accountant on a permanent basis.
My client operates in a niche market and, having gone through a period of exciting change recently, they are looking to bring in an ambitious and forward-thinking Accountant to help drive the business forward.
Your new role
Working closely with both the Managing Director and General Manager, you will be the sole person in finance and be responsible for providing key day-to-day accounting support whilst getting involved in wider commercial activities.
- Control the daily financial transactions and procedures of the company
- Preparation and analysis of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of reconciliations including balance sheet and P&L
- Production of draft statutory accounts for external Auditors and support at year-end
- Preparation of budget financial information with key stakeholders
- Oversee all cashflow movements including payments/approval process and forecasting
- Margin, labour and overhead analysis activities
- Manage inventory reporting, monitor inventory days, prepare provisioning and oversee the stock counting process and review
- Provide payroll data for outsourced/external parties
- Recommend improvements in control processes
- Monitor and control debtor days and creditor days
What you'll need to succeed
- Part-qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or QBE
- Previous experience of working in a management accounting role
- Self-starter with the ability to work well individually
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Comfortable being hands-on with a 'sleeves rolled up approach'
- Strong Excel skills (Formulas, Pivot Tables, LookUps etc.) and proficient with finance systems (Xero highly advantageous)
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £50,000 per annum (depending on experience and qualification) and the chance to make your mark in a forward-thinking organisation during a time of growth and expansion. You'll benefit from 26 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), discretionary bonus, pension and access to an employee assistance programme. The role will be office-based initially whilst you get to grips with the role/business but there is scope to WFH once you've settled in.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.