3-month interim Senior Management accountant role
1 day a week required on site (4 days a week you can work from home)
Fully Qualified Management Accountant required (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
Senior finance interim role while the business fills the permanent vacancy
- A big focus on billings-high volume & low transactional invoicing every month
- Ensure the cash is collected
- Pull together the monthly accounts for your selected area
- Budgeting focus into the new year
- The post holder will report to the Finance Manager – Management Accounting.
The Senior Management Accountant will have responsibility for the provision of accurate and timely financial reports & analysis for the designated business area.
They will support the Finance Manager – Management Accounting in ensuring that these business areas operate within an adequate financial control environment in compliance with the appropriate regulatory requirements including centrally determined financial accounting policies and delegated authority levels.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the organisation is properly reimbursed on a timely basis for the services it provides through management of the billing and cash collection processes.
Specific Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- To complete monthly management accounts, with analytical commentary and comparison to budget
- Prepare an annual detailed budget and financial re-forecasting
- To be the principal finance contact for funders and responsible for the relationship with the Local Authority finance teams
- In relation to billing and revenue recognition, the post holder will:
- Ensure that accurate sales invoices are issued to funders, tenants and other customers on a timely basis in accordance with the contract and billing data
- Ensure that revenue is recognised in accordance with Accounting Standards and with appropriate calculations and journals for deferred and accrued revenue
- Be responsible for resolution of all invoicing queries
- Provide support to cash accountants with matching cash receipts to invoices
- Follow up with Local Authority finance teams on late payment and escalation of real credit control issues
- To ensure the accurate calculation and booking of any bad debt provisions required
- To support calculation of inputs to uplift requests, drafting letter templates and tracking uplift responses
- Note: Operations teams are responsible for the maintenance of all contract and billing data including the people supported, commissioned hours, delivered hours and the hourly rates/weekly rates within the Access system.
- Have input to cash flow forecasting
- To support financial decision-making; provision of financial input for tenders, new business cases and location exit decisions
- Complete balance sheet validation of accruals and provisions within business grouping
- To provide external audit support
- Circulate weekly agency report
- Be responsible for the preparation of the CQC return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Charles Maidment from the Hays Bristol office.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.