We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.A career within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.Our team helps our clients identify and reduce tax risks, meet compliance obligations, implement tax strategies that complement business and operational objectives, resolve disagreements with tax authorities, and manage tax accounting and reporting issues. You'll be engaged in projects dealing with International tax, mergers and acquisitions, state and local tax accounting, regulatory processes, tax reporting and strategy.
PwC's National Innovation and Capital Incentives (ICI) team are passionate about helping clients obtain the R&D incentives available to support their investment in innovation. Based in the Northern region (Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Newcastle, Leeds, and Manchester), we are a diverse team with a strong focus on growth.
We are looking to recruit an individual with a background in Science/Engineering at Senior Associate level who are passionate about innovation, getting to know a broad range of businesses and having a direct role in growing our ICI practice.
This is an ideal role for a qualified computer scientist, software architect or IT engineer interested in the world of Research & Development claims. This is an opportunity to become part of a large and growing team in the UK, and to work on different aspects of R&D claims, from campaigns, to proposals, delivery, and team leadership activities.
Typical tasks in this role include:
- Support the technical lead during preparation of proposals
- Support in interviews with client engineers to understand and document their R&D needs
- Support summarising the R&D in client engineering projects
- Assist in meetings with HMRC and support client engineers during enquiries
- Work collaboratively with our tax-legislation experts in the team, to support the quantifying of R&D costs
- Work with the senior team to support or initiate sales opportunities in a sector
- Optional: Initiate ideas for digital acceleration and other automation tools.
- Computer science or software engineering university degree (or masters or PhD)
- Academic or industry experience in software engineering or IT
- Experience in developing and documenting software engineering or IT projects
- Experience in preparing R&D incentives claims preparation
- Experience in liaising with HMRC's software specialists
- Experience in supporting client engineers during enquiries with HMRC