Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
It is a fantastic time be joining Crisis – we have our new and ambitious 10-year strategy, and after a time of change there is a great opportunity for this leadership role to enable us to further develop our financial and property strategies, whilst also being part of the ongoing leadership of Crisis.
Title: Director of Finance and Property
Salary: £81,000 per annum
Hours: 35 hour per week
Location: Based in our London office (we are open to a range of flexible working options, in line with Crisis’ Hybrid-Working Policy but there is an expectation the successful will work from the office two days per week)
About the role
Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, as Director of Finance and Property, you will lead the Finance and Property functions of Crisis. This is an exciting time to be joining as we have a new 10-year strategy and have come out of a period of change with a drive for more focus on purpose and priorities. You will be a trusted advisor to the Senior Leadership Team, offering insight, influencing decisions, and developing user-focused solutions to support strategic decision making. We have brilliant teams of people passionate about ending homelessness and we are keen to make sure that the change we’re delivering works directly towards that mission.
We are looking for an inspirational leader with experience of supporting organisations to develop and deliver long-term sustainable plans, routed in the strategic aims. You will be a qualified accountant, with strong experience of leadership and management, who is able to develop and support high performing teams across several disciplines.
We are looking for someone who….
- Is passionate about leading and supporting positive and inclusive cultures of working
- Has experience of supporting charities to creatively diversify their income streams to ensure a more sustainable future
- Has strong experience of long-term financial planning and monitoring, and providing the organisation with user-focused information to make strategic decisions
- Has good experience of working closely with income generation functions to develop sustainable financial strategies
- Has excellent communication skills, particularly in presenting and delivering complex information
- Is skilled at supporting the organisation to positively adapt to change and risks, and providing the appropriate management
- Is ambitious for innovation and new ways of working, and supporting the organisation to deliver its strategic ambition
You may have experience in; Director of Finance roles, or a strong Head of Finance looking to step up into the next stage in their career. We want someone who is passionate about our cause and looking for a place to build their career.
We believe diversity is a strength, and our aim is to make sure that Crisis truly reflects the communities we serve. We are actively working towards our organisation being a place where everyone can thrive and make their best contribution to our mission of ending homelessness for good. We know that the more perspectives, voices, and experiences we can bring to this work, the better. We particularly welcome applications from people who have lived experience of homelessness, and people from all marginalised groups, communities, and backgrounds.
Working at Crisis
As a member of the team, you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Interest free loans for travel season ticket, cycle to work, and deposit to secure a tenancy
- Pension scheme with an employer contribution of 8.5%
- 28 days’ annual leave
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental, and adoption pay
- Flexible working around the core hours 10am-4pm
- And more! (Full list of benefits available on website)
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience, and career.
When you join us, you will have the opportunity to join our staff diversity networks, which aim to champion issues across the organisation, enable staff to be their authentic and best selves and contribute to making Crisis a truly diverse organisation.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Closing date: Sunday 26 November 2023 (at 23:59)
First round interviews will be held W/C 4 December 2023
Second round interview will be held W/C 11 December 2023
We want our recruitment process to be as accessible as possible. If you need us to make an adjustment or provide additional support as you apply for a role, please email email@example.com and our Talent Acquisition team will contact you to discuss how we can help.
For more information about our work please visit:
To see our work in action please visit:
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094