We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
The PwC Energy Team is recruiting in Aberdeen. We are looking for a Manager with experience in corporate tax to join us. Want to play your part in energy transition? Then we're interested in hearing from you.
The energy sector within the Aberdeen market is at a critical juncture, presenting an exciting opportunity for our clients and targets, and PwC will play an important role in supporting them through this change. The opportunities presented by the energy transition cut across oil and gas, renewables and the low carbon sectors in which PwC is the leading tax advisor. This presents a great opportunity for our business, and significant development opportunities for our team. We'd like you to join us.
You will work closely with our market leading clients working on their offshore oil and gas, offshore and floating wind, solar, bioenergy, electric vehicle or energy storage projects and to help our clients meet their energy transition ambitions.
Sitting within the National Energy and Infrastructure Community, you will be involved in work on local and national projects, working within the Aberdeen team and remotely alongside our tax and colleagues in other parts of the business. You will be at the heart of the ESG and sustainability conversations on energy and non-energy clients.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive culture, value diversity and the uniqueness of each member of our team. Diversity, inclusion, and fair work access are our core values. The team is fully supportive and actively encourages flexible working. We will work with you to agree on the right balance and arrangement that works for you and us.
You will be responsible for the delivery of tax advisory services to a wide variety of energy clients, managing aspects of the client relationship and getting involved in all areas of the service being provided to them and working on their acquisitions and disposals. Prior experience of the sector is not essential as you will receive full support from our Senior team.
Specific responsibilities include:
Essential skills and experience
- Working with our Director team to develop client relationships,
- Managing a small portfolio of energy clients, being their primary contact for day-to-day tax matters
- Delivery of small acquisitions or disposals guided by the senior manager or director or working as part of a bigger team on larger acquisitions or disposals
- Leading a team of our more junior staff to help them develop and grow
- Staying current on sector developments and considering how this impacts our clients
- Developing internal relationships with our wider Energy and Infrastructure team's line of services specialists
- Managing our investment in client and related financial metrics.
- Practice-trained finance professional, with relevant qualification (e.g. ACA/ACCA/CTA).
- Experience of advising large corporate clients on UK and international tax matters.
- Proven client relationship skills under transaction pressure and effectively managing internal teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sustaining relationships over a period of time.
- Demonstrated business acumen through an interest in and either experience of sector issues or an enthusiasm to learn ultimately being confident discussing these issues with clients.
- Evidence of a Business Development mindset and contribution to business development activity.
- Experience of tax structuring or previous deals tax experience might be useful but not essential
- Familiarity with accounting principles is useful
- Ability to write clear articulate reports, summarising complex tax matters.
- Ability to manage your own time and work to a deadline.
- Commitment to developing self, proactive mindset, and desire to make the role your own.