Your new company
Are a leading Lloyd's broker and one of the largest operating companies by revenue. Your clients benefit from a dedicated and insightful team of specialists who provide a personal service and global solutions, working with global insurance markets.
Your new role
Your role is to undertake cashier and treasury management activities on behalf of the Group. You will be responsible for managing the Group's banking relationships, currency exposures and adhering to hedging strategy, together with implementing the Group's investment policy and providing banking support.
- Produce daily/weekly/monthly bank reconciliations for Group
- Process daily IBA payments using on-line banking systems, ensuring payments are authorised by relevant individuals. Updating of internal TT excel list for Group
- Review and distribute daily IBA receipts to IBA Executives together with updating the receipts excel list
- Manage the process of opening new and maintaining Group bank accounts
- Maintain and develop good relationships with multiple banks so that the Group is well-informed of market developments and banking products
- Perform the role of Administrator on all online banking
- Reviews the effectiveness of investment policy and recommends improvements
- Monitor market developments to identify opportunities to maximise returns on Group treasury investments
- Manage Group's investment portfolio
- Optimises investment returns against risk exposure
Hedging and Currency Management
- Work with banking partners to keep updated on potential hedging options
- Present alternative hedging opportunities to the Treasury Working Group, modelling the financial impact on Group cash and profit depending on different movements in currency rates
- Seek continual options to secure best market rates on all FX spot contracts
- Prepare annual hedging strategy for Board approval
- Prepare the monthly Treasury Report for the Executive Committee
- Ensures the firm obtains bank confirmation letters for all new client money bank accounts opened and used by the firm (including notification of Trust)
- Prepare Annual Bank Assessment for Board approval. Review for appropriateness and assessment of Group's banks used to hold client money in accordance with FCA rules
- If overdraft facilities or short-term financing is required, work with banking partners to secure the best overall terms, minimising any required covenants or guarantees
- Ensure written procedures in respect of Treasury in the Corporate Accounting Procedures Manual are kept up-to-date and communicated to all relevant staff
- Implements investment/Treasury policy to balance objectives against market conditions
- Updating of Trading Partner bank details to Open Twins and e-filing of documents
- Provide authorisation for bank account details for Trading Partners, New Securities etc
Business Continuity Planning
- In conjunction with Operations, ensuring Treasury considerations are factored into the firm's Business Continuity Plan
- As part of the Treasury Working Group ensure the firm's Risk Management owner is aware of any material banking, currency and credit control risks in order that they can be reflected in the firm's risk register
Treasury Working Group
- Organise Treasury Working Group meetings
- Provide reports to Treasury Working Group
Sanctions and Other Projects
- In conjunction with compliance, ensuring the firm is aware of all sanctions and any other non-routine activities
- Maintain confidentiality in systems and procedures.
- Financial & document checks and subsequent approval process is handled in accordance with the Group's Authorised Signatory List.
- Supports the introduction of new processes in response to regulation changes
- Identifies and reports suspicious financial circumstances or transactions directly to MLRO
- At all times behave in a way that upholds and promotes the good name and reputation of the Group
- Deal honestly and fairly with colleagues, clients, and others within the insurance profession
- Take responsibility for own learning and development. Keep up-to-date with best practice and legal developments relating to your own field of expertise. To meet all external and internal training requirements.
- Maintains organisation and resources that are adequate to support business performance
What you'll need to succeed
- FCA requirements
- Multi-currency accounting
- Treasury/investment products
- Hedging strategies
- Credit Risk Management
- Well-developed verbal and written communication
- High IT literacy (esp EXCEL)
- Money Laundering/Prevention of financial crime procedures
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary and Benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.