How important is work-life balance to you?
If you are a qualified / part qualified Accountant with experience in financial systems and policies with strong analytical, numerical, and interpersonal skills, this role may be of interest to you!
This is an exciting new opportunity to work for a large non-profit organisation alongside a team of passionate, committed professionals. This is a full time, permanent opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make significant improvements to the quality of the service it provides, offering development opportunities and fantastic benefits, including above average holiday entitlement, flexible working, a generous pension scheme and much more!
You will be responsible for:
- Developing, maintaining, and reviewing the financial systems and processes related to fixed assets and lease accounting
- Ensuring compliance with accounting standards, policies, and regulations
- Supporting the annual audit process and providing accurate and timely information to external auditors
- Ensure SOPs, training plans/frameworks are formulated and implemented, engaging with the TOLs and Seniors to identify knowledge gaps, supporting the design and delivery of training sessions and presentations.
- Using frameworks and tools to analyse and report on the performance and value of fixed assets and leases
- Managing a team of 8 and overseeing preparation of the finance systems and templates for monthly reconciliations, including reporting of fixed assets & lease accounting portfolio performance, ensuring accuracy and audit control in accordance with strict reporting deadlines and information requirements
- Work collaboratively with the Fixed Assets Product Owner to design and develop user-friendly templates, streamline processes and standardise reporting to enhance financial efficiency and accuracy.
- Provide user support and troubleshoot issues related to the accounting system and outputs.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience of designing, implementing and managing finance processes and policies
- Experience of delivering month-end processes and reporting using computerised finance packages
- Experience of working with fixed assets and lease accounting, including knowledge of IFRS 16
- Experience of managing and developing a team of finance staff
- Strong IT skills
What we offer:
- Salary up to £45,000 DOE
- Hybrid working
- A generous pension scheme
- Above average annual leave entitlements
- Flexible working arrangements
- Learning and development opportunities
- Staff discounts