At Price Bailey, we provide exciting opportunities for training, personal growth and career engagement. We believe in fostering happiness and fulfilment in your work, whilst supporting and inspiring you to grow. We understand that your life extends beyond the workplace, which is why our Smart Working culture promotes flexibility, allowing you to choose when and where you work, whilst still providing excellent client care.
A well-established firm of chartered accountants and business advisors, we offer a wide range of services, including auditing, accounting, tax and corporate finance. We proudly serve a diverse client base across the UK and internationally, with a strong focus on entrepreneurial owner-managed businesses that share our passion for innovation.
What do the team do?
The Corporate team predominately undertake audit and other assurance work on behalf of our clients, however, they are also responsible for accounts preparation and tax computations too. We have audit clients across a range of sectors around the UK, from smaller not-for-profit organisations to entrepreneurial SME's and through to large listed groups. No job is the same and we can guarantee variety, plus the opportunity to learn from a range of talented people, no matter your level.
In our Cambridge based Corporate team, you will get exposure to an eclectic range of organisations (some AIM listed), including those in the technology, professional services and not-for-profit sectors, to name a few. Turnovers are typically from £20m – £40m (but go up to £80m), which means jobs are usually completed within a couple of weeks.
What will I be doing?
As a Corporate Manager you will have ownership of the following tasks:
- Overseeing own portfolio of clients, to include workforce planning, management of WIP and billing
- Delegating audit and accounts tasks, plus some tax compliance work, to the team and reviewing completed files ready for final review by the RI
- Providing feedback to junior and senior team members of the team on the quality of their work and performance
- Building and further developing relationships with existing and new clients
- Undertaking business development, such as attending networking events and Price Bailey marketing events
- Meeting clients to pitch and tender for new work and putting together associated documents
- Supporting team with wider responsibilities e.g. interviewing, marketing
What experience do I need?
Whilst having the following experience is advantageous, we value passion and potential. If you meet the minimum criteria listed below and are eager to develop yourself, we would love to hear from you:
- A professional accounting qualification – ACA, ICAS, CA or ACCA (minimum criteria)
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of clients (minimum criteria)
- People management experience
- Strong time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Commercial and dedicated approach to client development
- Experience of audit software (we use Caseware) and Microsoft packages
What's on offer?
In addition to your salary, we also offer the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days holiday)
- Private medical
- Contributory pension scheme
- 4x life assurance
- All employee share scheme
- Company car and fuel card via salary sacrifice
- Family friendly policies e.g. paid time off for dependents
- 2 days paid for volunteering
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) including shopping discount