Your new company
I'm pleased to be partnered once again with a leading public sector employer based in Sheffield to support them with the recruitment of an interim Senior Finance position to cover maternity leave over a 10-month fixed-term contract.
The organisation is a large, complex organisation that delivers vital services to the people of Sheffield and the surrounding areas.
Your new role
You'll be joining the organisation from December '23 until c. October '23, providing key leadership functionality alongside 3 other senior finance managers, reporting to the Head of Finance.
As part of your remit, you'll take on line management responsibility of 4 direct members of staff as well as c.20 indirect, providing and presenting key financial information to various key stakeholders and 'Heads of'/Directors within the organisation. Alongside your team, you will produce monthly management accounting and forecasting, communicating financial performance effectively to both internal and external stakeholders and developing and enhancing reporting processes, providing a comprehensive wide-ranging financial support service to staff across the organisation. As part of this, you will be offering sound guidance to departments on ways of maximising resources by developing a detailed understanding of service budgets, whilst maintaining and improving the internal control environment.
What you'll need to succeed
This is a key appointment for the organisation, and as such, you will be required to have the following skills/background/attributes to be eligible to be represented for the position:
- Fully qualified accountant
- Prior public sector accounting background, ideally within a similarly complex organisation structure (such as large public services organisations, councils, NHS etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong coordination skills
- Strong people management skills, having managed teams of similar sizes previously
- Full right to work in the UK (applications from individuals who do not have full UK right to work for the duration of the contract will not be considered)
What you'll get in return
This organisation offer some of the most attractive benefits on the market, including:
- Salary c.£55,000 p/a
- Leading pension scheme
- Above market average holiday entitlement (including full Christmas shutdown)
- Flexibility to work hours round your schedule (37 hours per week - subject to key meetings)
- 1 day per week in the office (occasionally 2 days when required for key SLT meetings)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. This role will be appointed urgently due to the imminent maternity leave of the current incumbent, so expression of interest promptly is highly encouraged.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.