A new exclusive Fixed Term Contract role with a market leading manufacturer - based in the Ammanford area. Working with a close knit, friendly team. The role is Fixed Term for 12 Months and would be part-time based on 3 days per week or 24 Hours.
The part-time SOX Internal Compliance Auditor will assist the finance function to test in-scope processes for global entities. You may test both Business Process and IT General Controls. The SOX Internal Auditor must have proven experience testing the design & operating effectiveness of key controls. The SOX Internal Auditor will also assist control owners with remediation efforts to ensure that controls are operating effectively by year-end.
Your internal controls advisory skill set will be valued with new entities coming into scope and new system implementations. When the Internal Audit function is formally established, you may also have the opportunity to perform operational audits.
Your main responsibility will be to perform SOX testing including design and operating effectiveness testing, remediation test work, and roll forward testing. You will also assist the Financial Controller to plan, coordinate, and execute all phases of the annual SOX Assurance Programme including:
- Internal control testing experience with an in-house IA/SOX global team or an accountancy firm
- External or internal audit background with a strong focus on SOX and internal controls
- Qualified or working to a relevant professional qualification (e.g., ACA, ACCA, CISA)
- Solid understanding of SOX and internal control concepts
- Excel and Visio proficiency
- Experience working with large, complex, listed and privately owned, organisations.
- The ability to execute internal audits in accordance with IIA standards.
- Ability to execute controls documentation and testing in accordance with SOX, audit, and service organisation controls (SOC) reporting standards.
- The ability to proactively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A pro-active 'can-do' attitude.
- Strong project management capabilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong team development, coaching and management skills.
- Perform risk assessments and identify areas of potential internal control weaknesses or compliance issues.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and objectivity throughout the audit process and SOX projects.
- Previous experience in internal auditing, external auditing, or risk assessment.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements and internal control frameworks.
- Strong analytical organisational, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in using audit software and Microsoft Office applications.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.