Your new company
A fast-growing commercial SME in the entertainment sector, with a strong UK presence and excellent reputation.
Your new role
They are currently seeking an experienced Finance professional for the role of Group Financial Controller. Based in Northampton, you will take responsibility for the provision of accurate financial control & management reporting. This will be achieved by planning, managing and controlling financial activities, through formulating and implementing clear strategies to ensure the appropriate quality and level of service is provided to stakeholders, and by direct leadership of the finance team. Reporting directly to the Group's Finance Director in their London Office, the successful applicant will have:
- Full responsibility for a small Finance team and their personal development including a Payroll Manager
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Controls and Systems - developing a controlled environment to safeguard accuracy of financials through the appropriate governance
- External Audi - ensuring operation meets its regulatory obligations including statutory accounting and tax
- Treasury and banking - taking ownership of the banking function and overseeing the end to end cash process and treasury
- Finance Systems - taking ownership of the financial reporting system and purchase ordering system
- Customer Service - responsibility for contract management and relationships with key suppliers.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful applicant must be a CCAB qualified accountant, preferably ACA or ACCA, and have a minimum of five years proven experience managing financial controls for a multisite operation. A clear strength in financial/statutory accounting is essential, previous experience managing and running payroll is ideal along with in-depth knowledge of finance software systems, with CODA experience a distinct advantage. A background working in the hotel/leisure sector would be advantageous but not essential. The right person will have a desire to work with and develop a small finance team with a broad range of skills and experience. Personal characteristics required include an astute nature, proactive, customer-orientated and highly self-disciplined attitude with the ability to lead by example.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available including the option to work on a hybrid basis, with three days a week being based in their Northampton location, with the team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.