East Alpha is a successful quantitative systematic trading firm operating across global commodities
markets. We seek a motivated Finance professional ideally with hedge fund, commodity trading,
investment banking or investment management industry experience; to help support the growth of
We empower our highly skilled and motivated staff to drive the operational & reporting excellence
that underpins the growth of our business. This is a newly created role that offers a breadth of
exposure to both business stakeholders and third-party advisors. There is significant scope for
professional growth within the business, the role would appeal to a collaborative, entrepreneurial
self-starter who is looking to be hands on and have a real impact on our future.
As a small tight-knit team located together in an open plan office; there is opportunity to interact
directly with all personnel across trading, research, operations & business development. Our unique
mix of talented people and cutting-edge technology combine to deliver market leading returns.
• Reviewing and overseeing management accounts for two entities
• Managing outgoing cash flow, including accounts payable, handling invoices and making
• Managing incoming cash flow, including raising sales invoices, maintaining the sales ledger and
confirming management and performance fees with third party administrators.
• Calculating fees due to external introducers, management fees and performance fees.
• Reviewing and processing expense claims.
• Providing support on fund accounting including; reviewing month end NAVs, preparing and
reporting performance estimates, preparation of costs to budgets analysis, reviewing admin
and depository fee calculations, authorising payments and maintaining fund invoices.
• Providing assistance with tax compliance and reporting.
• Preparation of NFA reports including Update Bylaw 1101, Annual Questionnaire and quarterly
• Assist the Compliance Officer in all areas of compliance.
• Liaison with outsourced third party service providers including:
accountants, auditors, tax advisors and administrators.
• Improving financial processes with a view to automate where possible.
• Collaborating with other teams on strategic projects.