£40,000-£42,000 per annum
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are supporting a leading SME construction business in Walsall with the recruitment of a Management Accountant on a permanent basis.
Our client, part of a larger PLC company, is a leading supplier of safety and construction products/services across the UK.
Your new role
In this newly created role, you will join a small finance team and be responsible for all record keeping and transactional processing including the preparation, accuracy and interpretation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts with supporting analysis
- Reconcile revenue and costs
- Prepare and post month-end journals and approve intercompany transactions
- Assist with the management of AP and AR functions
- Work with the sales and credit control teams to manage cash collection
- Co-ordinate all bank payments, receipts and reconciliation
- Analyse financial data on sales, stock and plant utilisation
- Support financial year-end audit process and resolve audit queries
- Challenge processes to create efficiencies and drive continuous improvement
What you'll need to succeed
- Part-qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) studying towards completion of your qualification or QBE
- Strong understanding of key day-to-day financial processes and procedures with exposure to month-end accounting
- Ability to produce accurate and relevant information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Background in construction, plant hire or sales/distribution (highly desirable)
- Good Excel skills (Pivot Tables, Formulas) with the ability to produce and manipulate reports
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £42,000 per annum (depending on experience and qualification) and the chance to work for a growing business with an excellent reputation. Additional benefits include 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), 5% pension, life assurance (2x), private medical and permanent health cover. Due to the nature of the role and business, you will be based onsite in Walsall 5 days a week.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.