Your new company
Highly reputable SME in the engineering sector, who are known in their specialist field. They are well established and supply o a diverse global market with manufacturing facilities in and out of the UK and a worldwide distribution network.
Your new role
Due to expansion, they are looking to appoint a new position, for a driven Group Finance Manager. In this role you will report directly to the Head of Finance with a dotted line into the Chairman. and support wider Finance team. As Group Finance Manager you will play a key role in helping to build the commercial finance function as the Company continues to scale and innovate. Your role will be focused on building financial models that aid decision-making, creating insightful management reports. Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to;
- Budgeting and quarterly forecasting.
- Developing financial and non-financial management information.
- Drive preparation and development of the annual budget, re-forecasting process and longer-term strategic plans.
- Monitor and develop key performance indicators across the group – highlighting trends and identifying causes of unexpected variances.
- Prepare presentations in support of board meetings, monthly/quarterly and senior leadership meetings.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive financial models for the Group to help with scenario planning assessment of risks and opportunities. Review and Issue flash results if necessary.
- Review and Issue MIS pack in line with group timetable
- Provision of monthly finance Commentary.
- Presenting group results too Head of Group Finance
- Continued development and improvement of MIS for business needs
- Implementing new opportunities for improvement in reporting tools and their implementation (e.g. improved ERP usage)
What you'll need to succeed
The right person for the position will be fully qualified CIMA or ACCA with a minimum of 5 years PQE. Previous demonstrable experience in forecasting, reporting, P&L management, budgeting, and cash flow is essential along with a strong background consolidating a groups accounting, balancing the Interco adjustments. You will have a clear strength in business partnering and have a commercial finance approach. Experience in building FP&A models and systems is highly advantageous. Advanced Excel is a must.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a thirst to learn in a supportive team environment. The position will be office based for the initial six months as it is essential that you can learn from your peers and develop partnerships whilst working. After the initial 6 months, they will then look at the option to work two days a week remotely. They also offer a rewarding benefits package and a flexible working pattern around the core hours or 0900-1600, so you can come in as early as 0700, if you want to finish a little earlier. They all finish at 1330 on Fridays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.