Head of Finance and Commercial Operations
Hays are working exclusively with the National Botanic Garden of Wales. A vital role and member of the Senior Leadership Team in an important tourist attraction and centre of learning in Wales. We are looking for someone to lead the finance and commercial operations and provide strategic leadership, sound team management, exemplary partnership and collaboration capability. To support the realisation of a compelling vision for the Garden - an internationally-renowned centre for plants, biodiversity conservation and research. Your expertise and knowledge will be fitting for a national institution and a charity.
We are looking for an ambitious financial leader with commercial acumen who wants to play a key role in the future of our agenda.
- Provide professional and management advice relating to all financial matters to the Trustees, Director, Senior Leadership Team and Managers.
- Advise the Trustees on the financial and budgetary affairs and provide timely management accounts to the Director and Trustees.
- Take a leading role in respect of financial management, business planning and accounting services.
- Support senior leaders in the development and maintenance of effective financial controls, the implementation of policy and legislative changes and provision of financial support to major projects, developments and initiatives.
- Create and present forecasts, and provide reliable, regular and relevant information to assist management in financial control, forecasting, budgeting and planning.
- Prepare fully for the annual audit including preparation of the annual accounts.
- Provide leadership in commercial operations and efforts to strengthen income streams.
- Assist in the preparation of fundraising applications and manage the financial aspects of the procurement process.
- Build and maintain a cohesive and motivated team through supportive and developmental performance management, coaching, mentoring and constructive feedback.
- A highly motivated qualified accountant with extensive experience and a proven track record of working in the Charitable Sector and with commercial organisations.
- IT proficiency (e.g. SAGE, Excel, Outlook)
- Successful track record of contributing at a senior level and reporting to a Board.
- Strategic vision and practical experience of delivering commercial growth, with the personal drive and confidence to take forward the Garden's vision.
- Ability to work at an executive level and work collaboratively.
- Ability to manage up through being proactive and cultivating productive working relationships with the Director and Trustees.
- Ability to contribute strategically
- An innovative and practical mindset, with a ‘can do attitude'.
- A capable advocate and good networker.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.