The main responsibilities of the Head of Tax / Tax Manager role will be achieving strategic and operational delivery of a challenging tax agenda to Dunkley’s cliental. You will drive and deliver tax activity. You will be responsible for ensuring you have a robust tax team who have all the
skills needed whilst working collaboratively with other stakeholders to deliver an excellent standard of tax support, whilst providing constructive feedback to facilitate the departments growth.
As the senior of the tax team, you will nurture relationships with a diverse client portfolio. You will take ownership of the team’s workload and distribute accordingly, ensuring all work meets the correct requirements before it reaches directors for final sign off.
We’re looking for Head Of Tax / Tax Manager to join our
friendly team. An outline of the job and what it will entail is stated below:
Manage a personal tax client portfolio with a high level of client responsibility
• Oversee the tax team and manage workflow planning
• Reviewing tax compliance and undertaking ad hoc tax advisory
• Maintaining client relationship and attending clients’ meetings
• Work on wide ranging tax planning and advisory work with examples across CGT, IHT, trusts, property related tax, SDLT
• Provide tax support and planning to client partners, managers and directors
• Involvement in corporate tax related work as well with potential acquisition, sales and mergers tax advice, company reorganizations
• Provide a range of tax planning and services to a variety of SME clients
• Communicate with internal departments to ensure deadlines are met
• Ensuring appropriate team staffing levels
• Recruitment of any Tax team members
• Training the team to enable the tax department to complete all types of tax related projects
• Program for additional external training if required.
• Performance management
• PDRs for the tax team
• Adequate review and feedback
• CTA/ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) qualified
• 7+ year mixed tax experience in a similar role practice environment is essential.
• Strong technical knowledge and ability to carry out research following tax legislation
The successful applicant must:
• Positive attitude
• Good communication Skills with the internal and external stakeholder