In a nutshell
Are you ready to be part of something exceptional? Our professional practice team has flourished over the past year and is growing!
You’ll lead assignments with new and established legal sector clients including law firms across the UK ranging from top 100 firms to sole practitioners.
Along with a competitive salary you'll have access to outstanding professional development and training opportunities. Your career growth is a top priority for us, enabling you to pursue your aspirations and reach your full potential.
What you'll be doing day to day
Each day will present unique challenges and opportunities as we serve our diverse client base. As an Audit Senior, you can expect a variety of tasks, including:
- Planning, carrying out and completing statutory audits of corporate clients, both on-site and back in the office
- Leading the audit team on-site, ensuring audit procedures are adhered to fully, all hours are correctly recorded and budgets are met
- Supervising and supporting the work of junior team members
- Producing work for Manager and/ or Partner review, clearly highlighting technical or client-specific issues and providing possible solutions where require
- ACA/ ACCA qualified/part qualified (or equivalent)
- Statutory audit experience, gained in a public practice environment, ideally including experience of group audits and preparing consolidated financial statements, but not essential
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in using automated audit software and computer based accounts and tax compilation programmes
Why work at PKF Francis Clark
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have nine offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has annual revenue of over £55 million and a 900-strong team based across our offices. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be. In September 2022, PKF Francis Clark was certified as a Great Place to Work. In February 2023 we were ranked as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (40th out of 79 among large organisations). We work hard to ensure that ours is a culture where you can be yourself, develop and be part of a forward-thinking team that makes brilliant things happen.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits will include
Financial benefits: Pension, group life assurance, group income protection.
Health & Wellbeing benefits: Employee Assistance Programme with counselling and support for you and your immediate family, option to buy 5 extra days holiday, virtual GP for you and your immediate family, health cash plan for you (and up to four children) to help cover the costs of everyday healthcare and cycle to work.
Other benefits: Bonuses for career and family milestones, volunteering days, emergency support from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation for current and ex-employees.