We are looking for an interim accountant for a 3- month assignment starting late November:
- 1 stage teams interview process
- Option to work full-time or part-time
- Paid hourly-on a weekly basis
- Starting November 23
We are looking for an Interim Accountant while we restructure the team. Working closely with our Financial Accountant, you will ensure that the business doesn't encounter a disruption in service during this period. We will consider both part-time and full-time candidates, depending on experience. We are also flexible regarding days/hours worked (but with an emphasis on the month end being the last and first few days of each month).
Our Finance team is responsible for the accounts of both UK-based and its parent company USA-based. As a small team of two, we both regularly cover each other's workload when it comes to the day to day running of the two businesses - therefore the absence of one is going to leave a significant dent in our capabilities.
Our ideal candidate will be part-qualified or experienced in a similar role over 2 years, independent, motivated, self-starter, willing to work flexibly around business needs. More than likely the candidate will have worked within an SME and have hands-on experience in all functions of the Finance Department - AP, AR, VAT returns, bank recs and payroll. They will also be comfortable working with Xero, Excel at an independent level. Nonetheless, the key requirement is to have primary responsibility for Accounts Payable, including data input, setting up payment runs, answering supplier queries and resolving discrepancies.
It is essential that the candidate is comfortable reaching out to the wider business to ensure AP is processed efficiently. We are a global service provider (rather than goods), so knowledge of VAT relating to both services and international suppliers is essential. We are looking to improve our Accounts Payable processes, so anyone with a strong background here would be of additional value for us. On the administrative side, we have an Office Manager who is keen to help the business in this area. We would therefore like the candidate to work with them and give them a basic level of understanding to do admin AP tasks on an ongoing basis.
Tasks will include:
- Processing the supplier invoices daily
- Processing employee expense claims
- Reconciliation of monthly statements
- Prepare and process payment runs for both supplier invoices and refunds via bank transfer
- Handle all urgent supplier queries
- Assist with daily bank accounts reconciliation
- Responsible for month-end reconciliations
- Monitor the finance mailbox
- Assist the Financial Accountant with process and systems improvement to ensure the
Accounts Payable function is performing well and within the relevant timescales at all times
- Support the Financial Accountant with any ad-hoc duties
The candidate will offer:
- Hands-on work ethic
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivables principles
- Experience across all aspects of a finance department in small and large businesses
- Strong Xero, Excel and ideally G-Suite skills
- Superb communication skills
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
- Offer a high attention to detail
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Charles Maidment from the Hays senior finance team.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.