At Price Bailey, we provide exciting opportunities for training, personal growth and career engagement. We believe in fostering happiness and fulfilment in your work, whilst supporting and inspiring you to grow. We understand that your life extends beyond the workplace, which is why our Smart Working culture promotes flexibility, allowing you to choose when and where you work, whilst still providing excellent client care.
A well-established firm of chartered accountants and business advisors, we offer a wide range of services, including auditing, accounting, tax and corporate finance. We proudly serve a diverse client base across the UK and internationally, with a strong focus on entrepreneurial owner-managed businesses that share our passion for innovation.
What do the team do?
The Professional Studies team sits within our Compliance department. Their responsibility is to ensure students are completing the requirements of their apprenticeship and professional qualification contracts. They also prepare and present internal practical training sessions, including book-keeping, introduction to accounts preparation, audit, and tax. Alongside this, they support the compliance team more generally with projects, training and technical support.
What will I be doing?
As a Training Manager you will have ownership of the following tasks:
- Liaising with students to ensure they are up to date with their apprenticeship records.
- Attending apprenticeship meetings with students and their training provider.
- Communicating with other departments such as HR and payroll to ensure a joined up approach to student training and development.
- Assisting with the reconciliation of training provider invoices and liaising with our internal Finance team as appropriate.
- Preparing and presenting internal practical training including bookkeeping, accounts preparation and tax.
- Providing ad-hoc training on key audit, financial reporting, money laundering and practical areas for staff as required.
- Assisting with drafting procedure, policy documents and ad-hoc projects.
What experience do I need?
You do not need to have previous training experience and whilst having the following experience is advantageous, we value passion and potential. If you meet the minimum criteria listed below and are eager to develop yourself, we would love to hear from you:
- ACA/ACCA fully qualified (minimum criteria)
- Ability to summarise and report on findings in a concise manner (minimum criteria)
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Proven experience of working in a team environment
- Good IT skill
What's on offer?
In addition to your salary, we also offer the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy / sell up to 5 days holiday)
- Private medical
- Contributory pension scheme
- 4x life assurance
- All employee share scheme
- 2 days paid for volunteering
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) including shopping discounts
Price Bailey aspires to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people, regardless of their social background, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We are an equal opportunities employer and place inclusion at the heart of what we do. Our workplace is one where diversity is embraced and where everyone is empowered to be their authentic selves.