Your new company
Not for Profit company based in Mid Kent are looking for a financial accountant to join their team. The Financial Accountant will develop appropriate financial disciplines and controls, and ensure that best practice in financial control and management is adopted throughout the team. They will manage and develop effective financial systems, to ensure that suitable controls and processes are in place to maintain and monitor the accuracy and integrity of the information being produced. The Financial Accountant will maintain a high level of credibility and strong working relationships with senior managers within the organisation and external partners, including the auditors.
Your new role
- Lead the preparation of the statutory accounts for the charity and its subsidiary companies.
- Responsible for the internal control environment. Monitor the completion of monthly reconciliations of all bank accounts, balance sheet control accounts, authorisation of journals etc.
- Ownership of the cashflow forecasting, working effectively manage short and long term cashflow.
- Responsible for corporation tax and VAT matters and in ensuring that all regulatory, statistical and compliance returns are submitted on time.
- Working with the reporting team to understand and develop the chart of accounts and reporting hierarchy.
- Responsible for developing and reviewing the financial policies, procedures and processes to ensure that they are fit for purpose and fully documented.
- Produce update reports for the Finance, Risk and Audit Committee. To attend and present reports at Executive and Committee meetings as required.
- Constantly reviewing all relevant procedures, establishing and monitoring system controls to ensure compliance
- Contributing to the development of sound financial systems, using the functionality of the software where appropriate to improve financial processes.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Experience of preparing statutory accounts, taxation and VAT accounting
- Experience of SORP would be advantageous
- Hands on experience dealing with audits
- Strong systems skills (ERP system experience would be ideal)
What you'll get in return
The Financial Accountant Role is paying £60,000 plus other benefits with Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email me direct at or call us now on 01622 235682.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.