Bridgewater Housing Association have a great opportunity to participate in the leadership of this well regarded organisation within the social housing sector, providing housing and a range of services across Renfrewshire. Managing around 851 social rented properties and provide a factoring service to nearly 2700 owner occupiers, it includes looking after the equivalent of 40 full size football pitches in common environmental maintenance, as well as a management service to tenants of other organisations living out with Erskine.
The Association provides a range of accommodation and services for families, single people, the elderly and disabled people. We provide, under contract to Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire and Inverclyde Councils, the Care and Repair Service for all three of these local authorities and we provide, under contract to Renfrewshire Council a Housing Support Service to 95 sheltered tenants.
The Head of Finance will be responsible for the strategic management of our financial and IT functions, ensuring compliance with good governance practice and other financial, statutory and regulatory requirements. There are various strands to this role which make it more than just a Finance role with oversight of our governance matters working closely with the CEO and our Leadership team.
You will have overall responsibility for financial planning and performance, including internal and external audit, regulatory returns, our risk register and arrangements, financial plans, budgets and cash flows, policies and procedures.
- Lead on Financial Strategy and Control measures Implementing Treasury and Risk Management strategy Quality Assurance, Performance Management & Business Intelligence Develop Strategies and Policies in relation to the Finance Team Deliver continuous improvement in customer satisfaction and business performance Ensure excellent Governance and Compliance services. Delivering an effective ICT and Telecoms strategy for the organisation. Contribute to leadership and strategic direction of the organisation Provide line management, coaching & leadership to Staff.
We are seeking:
- A professionally qualified accountant
- A leader, used to operating at a relatively senior level
- A strategic thinker, able to make a contribution
- A communicator, able to influence
- Experience of working with a board
- Good understanding of corporate governance
- Experience of financial planning & budgeting, KPIs, financial modelling tools,
- An understanding of treasury strategy
- A strong understanding of the underlying financial control environment.
On offer is the potential to make a difference, being part of an organisation with a positive impact on peoples’ lives and community. Please visit our website at www.bridgewaterha.org.uk for more information. It’s also a chance for professional growth, being part of a supportive team and comes with a competitive benefits package.
If this opportunity, to play a leading role in this values based and ambitious organisation, is of interest then please get in touch with our retained adviser, David Bond at email@example.com for a Recruitment Pack or call 07801 490678 for a confidential conversation.