£50,000-£60,000 per annum
Mon-Fri (37.5 hours per week)
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are working exclusively with an excellent Worcestershire business as they look to appoint a Finance Manager on a permanent basis.
Our client, a popular retail and leisure attraction site with a strong reputation across the Midlands, have experienced strong growth post-COVID and are expecting this to continue over the next few years.
Your new role
Reporting into an experienced Finance Director, you will be responsible for all aspects of the company's month-end close, including all group reports, whilst working with the SMT to understand and drive performance.
- Ensure key month-end controls and reconciliations are performed
- Complete all group reports and review packs in line with group deadlines
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Support managers by providing historical financial and management information to help drive improvements
- Be responsible for controlling accounting operations, including the implementation, maintenance and control of systems
- Develop, implement and monitor processes and procedures relating to the management of costs
- Assist in investment analysis of new opportunities
- Complete the group Capex reporting documents ensuring accuracy of capital expenditure
- Oversee inventory activities
- Supervision and development of transactional finance staff
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Previous experience of working in a similar financial management or management accounting role
- Sound knowledge of general accounting processes and procedures
- Strong analytical skills with the confidence to suggest and implement improvements
- Ability to establish excellent working relationships with people at all levels (internally and externally)
- Proven track record of managing/supervising finance staff
- Highly competent with Excel and accounting software packages (MS Dynamics highly advantageous)
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £60,000 per annum (depending on experience and qualification) and the chance to work for an attractive business that is held in high regard within the leisure industry. You'll benefit from 30 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays), annual pass giving free admission for family and friends across multiple sites, pension scheme, retail/food discounts, healthcare benefits and free onsite parking. The expectation is that you will be office-based for a minimum of 4 days a week initially whilst you get to grips with the role and business, but there is scope for greater hybrid working once settled.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.