Your new company
Hays Recruitment is pleased to be working on an exclusive basis with a successful and growing SME based in the Bristol City Centre.
The company has been established for over 30 years and have a strong presence in Bristol. They are now actively seeking a part qualified accountant to join their expanding finance team.
Your new role
The purpose of the role is to manage the day to day financials and transactions of the business as well as providing some analysis on the accounts for senior leaders, as well as producing month end accounts
- Reporting to the Commercial Director, with input from the Part-time Finance Director
- Managing 1 member of staff in finance
- Direction and control of accounting and financial activities, including bookkeeping, account reconciliation and cash flow forecasts
- Monitoring the cash position of the business and reporting to Directors
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for Directors and external funders
- Ad hoc financial reports, as required by the Board of Directors
- Assisting the Directors with annual budget preparation
- Overseeing the Accounts receivable ledger, ensuring the timely collection of monies owed to the Company and liaising with project teams concerning debt collection
- Overseeing the Accounts Payable ledger, ensuring that all invoices for goods and services received by the Company are recorded and paid in accordance with the requirements of the Board of Directors
- Liaising with and providing information to external auditors, R&D tax advisers and others as required by the Directors
- Ensuring the accurate recording of VAT and PAYE liabilities and timely payment to HMRC
- Development and implementation of financial administration and control policies, systems and procedures
- Planning, organisation, direction and control of the operations of the accounting function including supervising staff and managing the workflow
- Overseeing the payroll and the monthly payment of salaries to all staff
- Ensuring the accurate recording of deductions from salary and payment to HMRC, pension scheme etc as required
- Annual payroll reporting and P11D preparation
- Ad-hoc payroll reports as required by Directors
- Overseas payroll management
- Calculation of holiday allowances for starters and leaver
What you\'ll need to succeed
- Part Qualified/ Qualified by Experience
- Experience in a similar all round finance role
- Good reporting and analytical skills
What you\'ll get in return
Flexible working options available.
Up to £42,000 depending on experience.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.