A smarter way of working
A Top 30 UK accountancy firm, Price Bailey will offer you the best opportunities for training and development, personal growth, and career engagement. We want our people to be happy and fulfilled by their work, whilst being supported and challenged to grow. We also understand that you have a life outside of work, which is why our Smart Working culture means you have flexibility to work when and where you choose, whilst still caring for your clients.
We strive to deliver first-rate, cutting-edge services that are suited to our clients' specific requirements. As a leading firm of chartered accountants and business advisors, we provide consultancy and planning skills to complement the traditional auditing, accounting, tax and financial services.
The Professional Studies team sits within our Compliance department. Their responsibility is to ensure students are completing the requirements of their apprenticeship and professional qualification contracts. They also prepare and present internal practical training sessions, including book-keeping, introduction to accounts preparation, audit, and tax. Alongside this, they support the compliance team more generally with projects, training and technical support.
As a Training Manager you will have ownership of the following tasks:
- Liaising with students to ensure they are up to date with their apprenticeship records.
- Attending apprenticeship meetings with students and their training provider.
- Communicating with other departments such as HR and payroll to ensure a joined up approach to student training and development.
- Assisting with the reconciliation of training provider invoices and liaising with our internal Finance team as appropriate.
- Preparing and presenting internal practical training including bookkeeping, accounts preparation and tax.
- Providing ad-hoc training on key audit, financial reporting, money laundering and practical areas for staff as required.
- Assisting with drafting procedure, policy documents and ad-hoc projects.
You do not need to have previous training experience, and might not have all of the experience below, but if you meet the minimum criteria and are passionate about developing yourself, we'd love to hear from you:
- ACA fully qualified (minimum criteria)
- Ability to summarise and report on findings in a concise manner (minimum criteria)
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Proven experience of working in a team environment
- Good IT skills
On top of a competitive salary, you'll also benefit from;
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy / sell up to 5 days holiday)
- Private medical
- Contributory pension scheme
- 4x life assurance
- All employee share scheme
- 2 days paid for volunteering
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) including shopping discounts
Price Bailey aspires to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people, regardless of their social background, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We are an equal opportunities employer and place inclusion at the heart of what we do. Our workplace is one where diversity is embraced and where everyone is empowered to be their authentic selves.