Your new company
This is a great and unique opportunity to join a leading company based in West Norfolk who have over 4000 members of staff across Europe who are all divided into three areas of the group. Due to some recent changes, they are looking to appoint a part or fully qualified accountant on a full-time permanent basis to take the reign of the newly created Finance Team Leader role.
Your new role
As the Finance Team Leader, you will be responsible for a small team of two, whilst reporting directly to the Finance Director based on-site. You will manage and contribute to the day to day financial transactions and accounting operations of the finance office for both of the companies operating in West Norfolk. Along with providing technical and functional support to the Finance Director.
Job description and main responsibilities for both companies:
- Process and review payments and receipts
- Process and review purchase / sales invoices
- Maintain debtors including credit limits, credit insurance and buyer reviews
- Weekly cashflow forecasts and maintaining banking records
- Process monthly accruals, prepayments and similar accounting entries
- Preparation and review of the VAT Returns / EC Sales Reports, for both UK and overseas
- Declarations for Office of National Statistics
- Assisting with the production of monthly management accounts plus supporting schedules to the group timetables
- Assisting to produce year-end statutory accounts
- Maintenance and valuation of stock
- Ensuring account records are kept up to date
- Process and review cost analysis reports
- Liaise with Auditors at year-end
- Manage and supervise a team of two
- To comply with all UK & European H&S legislation
- To comply with all company policies and procedures
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, we require experience of producing statutory accounts and working in an annual financial audit. You must be a strong communicator and be able to form relationships with key members of the team, have the capability to manage multiple projects and have advanced Microsoft skills including excel and word. On a personal point, it is essential that you are a team player - being on hand to assist the team and having a hands-on approach yourself. You will also need to be confident in your own ability and be firm with your decision-making as you will be reporting to the board. Being a fully qualified accountant would be an advantage, but it is not essential, as we are considering applications from part-qualified and qualified by experienced accountants equally.
What you'll get in return
On offer is a highly competitive salary depending on experience plus the following company benefits. Please contact me Tom Kierman directly to discuss the salary range on offer.
- Annual leave of 25 days per annum plus bank holidays, increasing by 1 day every third year to a maximum of 30 days per annum plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare
- Life insurance
- Salary Sacrifice Pensions at 4% Employer and minimum of 4% Employee
- Salary Sacrifice Cycle to Work scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Occupational sick pay, starting at 50% for 6 weeks and progressing to 80% for 6 months, plus SSP
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Tom Kierman now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.