At Price Bailey, we provide exciting opportunities for training, personal growth and career engagement. We believe in fostering happiness and fulfilment in your work, whilst supporting and inspiring you to grow. We understand that your life extends beyond the workplace, which is why our Smart Working culture promotes flexibility, allowing you to choose when and where you work, whilst still providing excellent client care.
A well-established firm of chartered accountants and business advisors, we offer a wide range of services, including auditing, accounting, tax and corporate finance. We proudly serve a diverse client base across the UK and internationally, with a strong focus on entrepreneurial owner-managed businesses that share our passion for innovation.
What do the team do?
The Corporate team predominately undertakes audit and other assurance work on behalf of our clients, however, they are also responsible for accounts preparation and tax computations too. We have audit clients across a range of sectors around the UK, from smaller not for profit organisations to entrepreneurial SME's and through to large listed groups. No job is the same and we can guarantee variety, plus the opportunity to learn from range of talented individuals, no matter your level.
In our Norwich based Corporate team, you can expect to get exposure to a diverse range of organisations from OMB's that expect a holistic service, to large corporates with turnovers of up to £120m e.g. listed companies and subsidiaries of large international groups. The length of assignments vary, but typically take around one to two weeks, ensuring that you get plenty of variety.
What will I be doing?
As a Corporate Assistant Manager you will have ownership of the following tasks:
- Managing own portfolio of clients requiring audit (70%) and accounts preparation work (30%), with a total fee income of c.£300K.
- Reviewing completed audit files and presenting to partner for final review.
- Supervising and developing junior staff.
- Taking responsibility for portfolio WIP, billing and debtor control.
- Assisting senior managers plan, control and review larger, more complex assignments.
- Developing your commercial awareness through fee development and cross-selling activities.
What experience do I need?
You might not have all of the experience below, but if you meet the minimum criteria and are passionate about developing yourself, we'd love to hear from you:
- A professional accounting qualification – ACA, ICAS, CA or ACCA (minimum criteria)
- Ability to project manage multiple audit engagements and delegate work effectively (minimum criteria)
- Knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS 102 and IFRS
- Client facing experience
- Commercially focussed and able to spot new business opportunities
- Experience of audit software (we use Caseware) and Microsoft packages
What's on offer?
In addition to your salary, we also offer the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days holiday)
- Private medical
- Contributory pension scheme
- 4x life assurance
- All employee share scheme
- 2 days paid for volunteering
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) including shopping discounts
Price Bailey aspires to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people, regardless of their social background, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We are an equal opportunities employer and place inclusion at the heart of what we do. Our workplace is one where diversity is embraced and where everyone is empowered to be their authentic selves.