In a nutshell
Ice cream producers, wedding venues and cider farms are a small taste of the interesting clients you will enjoy working with, in this hands-on supervisory role, alongside developing a team of talented junior accountants.
You may be an experienced finalist or qualified accountant, who is confident in completing accounting files from start to finish, enjoys taking a lead role in supporting junior members within the team and ready to take the next step in your career.
Our friendly and Torquay Business Advisory team offer a supportive environment, where you can ask anyone at any level about a query and they will be more than happy to help.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Networking at various events/ shows, whilst supporting clients and prospects.
- Utilising your talented accounting knowledge and skills to collaborate with clients and deliver an exceptional service.
- Coaching and supporting junior team members.
- Using your commercial mind to identify financial and tax planning opportunities for clients.
- Planning, preparing, and completing year-end accounts, tax computations and tax returns.
- Managing compliance work for a portfolio of clients (mainly partnerships and companies, but no audits).
- Day to day management of the agricultural team overseeing workflow and ensuring work is delivered to a high standard, on time and within budget.
- Identifying financial, commercial and tax planning opportunities for clients.
- Working with Partners on new client work.
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent QBE) - or nearing qualification.
- Enjoys being part of a collaborative team, working hard and supporting each other.
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind.
- A natural ability to build rapport quickly with clients and other employees across the firm.
- Knowledgeable of accounts preparation, tax compliance for various business entities.
- Adept user of accounts and tax return software.
- Previous experience working within the rural sector is desirable but not essential for this role.
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have nine offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has annual revenue of over £55 million and a 900-strong team based across our offices. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be. In September 2022, PKF Francis Clark was certified as a Great Place to Work. In February 2023 we were ranked as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (40th out of 79 among large organisations). We work hard to ensure that ours is a culture where you can be yourself, develop and be part of a forward-thinking team that makes brilliant things happen.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits will include: Financial benefits
Pension, group life assurance, group income protection
Health & Wellbeing benefits
Employee Assistance Programme with counselling and support for you and your immediate family, option to buy 5 extra days holiday, virtual GP for you and your immediate family, health cash plan for you (and up to four children) to help cover the costs of everyday healthcare and cycle to work.
Bonuses for career and family milestones, volunteering days, emergency support from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation for current and ex - employees.