In a nutshell
You will be part of a dedicated, fun accounting team who are proud to work with an incredibly dedicated industry sector, that grafts tirelessly all year round to feed our nation!
As one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (2023) by Great Place to Work, our roles at PKF Francis Clark will support you in excelling in your career whilst enjoying a good work life balance!
Whether you’re looking for a step up into a Manager position or wanting to make a lateral move, we’d love to hear from you!
You will be joining a team, where everyone rolls their sleeves up to provide expert accounting and tax compliance services, along with tax planning advice covering both income tax and capital taxes, to a variety of forward-thinking farming, rural and agri-businesses.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Managing compliance work for a portfolio of clients (mainly partnerships and companies, but no audits).
- Day to day management of the Rural team overseeing workflow and ensuring work is delivered to a high standard, on time and within budget.
- Identifying financial, commercial and tax planning opportunities for clients.
- Where relevant, actively promoting the firm and its services to clients and targets.
- Working with Partners on new client work.
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or qualified by experience, with significant relevant experience in a similar role.
- Good technical knowledge of accounts preparation and tax compliance.
- A good team spirit and desire to enjoy a role with progression opportunities.
- Committed, logical and accurate, with a methodical approach to work and strong attention to detail.
- Experience in using accounts and tax return software.
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients.
- An interest in farming and/or rural matters.
- Experience in accounting and taxation for property and agricultural businesses (desirable).
- Knowledge of capital taxes and familiar with IHT and CGT issues.
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have nine offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has annual revenue of over £55 million and a 900-strong team based across our offices. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be. In September 2022, PKF Francis Clark was certified as a Great Place to Work. In February 2023 we were ranked as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (40th out of 79 among large organisations). We work hard to ensure that ours is a culture where you can be yourself, develop and be part of a forward-thinking team that makes brilliant things happen.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits will include: Financial benefits
Pension, group life assurance, group income protection
Health & Wellbeing benefits
Employee Assistance Programme with counselling and support for you and your immediate family, option to buy 5 extra days holiday, virtual GP for you and your immediate family, health cash plan for you (and up to four children) to help cover the costs of everyday healthcare and cycle to work.
Bonuses for career and family milestones, volunteering days, emergency support from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation for current and ex - employees.