In a nutshell
Carve out an exciting accounting career with us, with this varied accounts role that will open the door to excellent future opportunities.
As one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (2023) by Great Place to Work, our roles at PKF Francis Clark will support you in excelling in your career whilst enjoying a good work life balance!
Our agricultural team, work with an array of interesting entrepreneurial agri-businesses and farming clients who are passionate about this incredible sector which helps feed the nation!
You do not have to have a background in rural accounting, but an interest in the outdoors (which isn't hard when living the beautiful South West) is ideal.
You will be joining a team, where everyone rolls their sleeves up to provide expert accounting and tax compliance services, along with tax planning advice covering both income tax and capital taxes, to a variety of forward-thinking farming, rural and agri-businesses.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Dealing with the completion of annual farm and rural business accounts and tax computations.
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date
- Dealing with the completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Drafting correspondence for clients; liaising with HMRC, by telephone and email
- Contacting clients to request information and resolve queries
- Providing varied administrative and business set-up services for clients
- Exposure to various capital tax issues e.g. inheritance tax and capital gains tax
- AAT qualified or ACA/ACCA part qualified/qualified, or qualified by experience, with relevant experience in a similar role.
- Good technical knowledge of accounts preparation and tax compliance.
- Committed, logical and accurate, with a methodical approach to work and strong attention to detail.
- Experience in servicing different types of business entity.
- Experience in using accounts and tax return software.
- Proficient in MS Office (with strong Excel skills)
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have nine offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has annual revenue of over £55 million and a 900-strong team based across our offices. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be. In September 2022, PKF Francis Clark was certified as a Great Place to Work. In February 2023 we were ranked as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (40th out of 79 among large organisations). We work hard to ensure that ours is a culture where you can be yourself, develop and be part of a forward-thinking team that makes brilliant things happen.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits will include: Financial benefits
Pension, group life assurance, group income protection
Health & Wellbeing benefits
Employee Assistance Programme with counselling and support for you and your immediate family, option to buy 5 extra days holiday, virtual GP for you and your immediate family, health cash plan for you (and up to four children) to help cover the costs of everyday healthcare and cycle to work.
Bonuses for career and family milestones, volunteering days, emergency support from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation for current and ex - employees.