In a nutshell
You will be leading assignments with a variety of new and established clients including SMEs, UK subsidiaries of overseas groups, and a variety of not-for-profit organisations.
Our size, scale and varied client list offer incredible opportunities to specialise or diversify. Supported by our internal Learning & Development team and your managers, you will have excellent professional development and training opportunities and further your career with a broad range of experience.
Typically, you can progress to Assistant Manager and Manager level, continuing to develop leadership skills and take on senior responsibilities. Along with receiving an excellent market rate of pay, we are proud to offer a supportive and flexible culture, and we take your career seriously to enable you to go where you want to go, and to be the best you can be.
What you'll be doing day to day
Together with living and working in the beautiful South West England, no two days will ever be the same. Our diverse client base brings new challenges and opportunities daily. Below is an overview of the typical tasks you’ll be doing as an Audit Senior:
- Planning and completing statutory audits of corporate clients, both on-site and in the office
- Leading the audit team on-site and ensuring all audit procedures are followed
- Supervising and supporting the work of less experienced team members
- Real contact time with developing relationships and liaising with people on the client side, including non-accounts employees
- Producing work for Manager and/or Partner review
- Highlighting technical or client-specific issues and providing possible solutions where required
Our diverse client base will bring you new challenges and opportunities daily. As an audit professional you will have gained the following skills and attributes in your career so far:
- ACA/ ACCA qualified (or equivalent) or part-qualified with relevant experience
- Statutory audit experience, gained in a practice environment, ideally including experience of group audits and preparing consolidated financial statements (not essential)
- Full clean driving licence with unrestricted access to a car
- Organised and able to plan your own time efficiently
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
- Experience in using automated audit software and computer-based accounts and tax compilation programmes
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have nine offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has annual revenue of over £55 million and a 900-strong team based across our offices. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be. In September 2022, PKF Francis Clark was certified as a Great Place to Work. In February 2023 we were ranked as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (40th out of 79 among large organisations). We work hard to ensure that ours is a culture where you can be yourself, develop and be part of a forward-thinking team that makes brilliant things happen.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits will include: Financial benefits
Pension, group life assurance, group income protection
Health & Wellbeing benefits
Employee Assistance Programme with counselling and support for you and your immediate family, option to buy 5 extra days holiday, virtual GP for you and your immediate family, health cash plan for you (and up to four children) to help cover the costs of everyday healthcare and cycle to work.
Bonuses for career and family milestones, volunteering days, emergency support from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation for current and ex - employees.