In a nutshell
Carve out and exciting career at our firm, with this varied audit role that will open the door to excellent future opportunities, whilst enjoying a work life balance!
Our Plymouth Audit team continues to win new work with notably exciting clients and are now looking to add to their team with additional talented Audit Seniors.
You may be a part qualified/finalist or qualified Audit professional who enjoys working with corporate clients and is looking to move to the next level in your career.
As one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (2023) by Great Place to Work, our roles will enable you to excel in your career whilst enjoying a good work like balance.
In spring we moved into our inspirational new office at Royal William Yard which has modern facilities and is surrounded by stunning ocean views, with ample restaurants and coffee shops for you to enjoy or go paddle boarding after work!
Did you know that we audit more companies on the Western Morning News Top 150 business list than any other firm of accountants?
What you'll be doing day to day
Working with a diverse range of clients, where no day will be the same as the last. Typical tasks include:
- Dealing with the completion of annual accounts and tax computations, for both incorporated and unincorporated businesses; plus occasionally UK holding companies of overseas subsidiaries
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date
- Drafting correspondence for clients; liaising with HMRC, by telephone and email
- Providing varied administrative and business services for clients
- Training and supporting junior members of the team
- Part qualified or ACA /ACCA qualified
- Previous audit experience and experience in accounts preparation for partnerships/ LLPs and limited companies
- Experienced in using automated audit software and computer based accounting and tax compilation programmes
- Confident, professional and team orientated in approach
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have nine offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has annual revenue of over £55 million and a 900-strong team based across our offices. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be. In September 2022, PKF Francis Clark was certified as a Great Place to Work. In February 2023 we were ranked as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (40th out of 79 among large organisations). We work hard to ensure that ours is a culture where you can be yourself, develop and be part of a forward-thinking team that makes brilliant things happen.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits will include: Financial benefits
Pension, group life assurance, group income protection
Health & Wellbeing benefits
Employee Assistance Programme with counselling and support for you and your immediate family, option to buy 5 extra days holiday, virtual GP for you and your immediate family, health cash plan for you (and up to four children) to help cover the costs of everyday healthcare and cycle to work.
Bonuses for career and family milestones, volunteering days, emergency support from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation for current and ex - employees.