In a nutshell
Our 26 strong Truro audit and assurance team is looking to bring on board engaging and experienced managers to join them in Cornwall's one and only contemporary city!
Whether you're looking for a step up into a Manager or Senior Manager position or wanting to make a lateral move, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture and flexible working environment. As one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (2023) by Great Place to Work, our roles will enable you to excel in your career whilst enjoying a good work like balance.
Did you know that we audit more companies on the Western Morning News Top 150 business list than any other firm of accountants?
You will lead and develop a team of talented account and audit professionals, alongside managing a diverse portfolio of clients and supporting the region's business development activity.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Manage teams in relation to client audits, ensuring assignments are staffed appropriately and with the required blend of skills and experience.
- Work closely with the client engagement Partner to co-ordinate both compliance and specialist services.
- Act as the main point of contact for all client matters, demonstrating a strong commercial understanding of their business and keeping them regularly informed of progress in relation to the service provided.
- Assist with the coaching and development of audit staff, from new trainees to qualified seniors, both on-site and back in the office.
- Identify and raise business development opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Support complex and often fast-moving projects, which may include business sales and acquisitions.
- Support group restructuring exercises, including client liaison, accounting entries and company secretarial work.
- Liaise with consultants and technical Partners across the firm’s specialist services in providing the above
- ACA/ ACCA qualified with relevant experience.
- Statutory audit experience, gained in a professional practice environment, ideally including experience of group audits and preparing consolidated financial statements (not essential)
- Full clean driving licence with unrestricted access to a car.
- Organised and able to plan your own time efficiently.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients.
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care.
- Experience in using automated audit software and computer-based accounts and tax compilation programmes.
- Corporate tax awareness.
- Previous experience of managing and developing people
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have nine offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has annual revenue of over £55 million and a 900-strong team based across our offices. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be. In September 2022, PKF Francis Clark was certified as a Great Place to Work. In February 2023 we were ranked as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (40th out of 79 among large organisations). We work hard to ensure that ours is a culture where you can be yourself, develop and be part of a forward-thinking team that makes brilliant things happen.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits will include: Financial benefits
Pension, group life assurance, group income protection
Health & Wellbeing benefits
Employee Assistance Programme with counselling and support for you and your immediate family, option to buy 5 extra days holiday, virtual GP for you and your immediate family, health cash plan for you (and up to four children) to help cover the costs of everyday healthcare and cycle to work.
Bonuses for career and family milestones, volunteering days, emergency support from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation for current and ex - employees.