In a nutshell
Are you a qualified or part qualified accountant who is more drawn to working with corporate clients?
If you're looking to take the next step in your career, where you will be both challenged and supported - then our Audit Senior opportunity could be for you!
Our vibrant and modern Exeter office is known to enjoy inter-office cricket tournaments, payday pizza and other fun sociable activities, inside and outside of work. We pride ourselves on having a friendly and collaborative working environment, where you can thrive.
As one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (2023) by Great Place to Work, our roles will enable you to excel in your career whilst enjoying a good work like balance.
What you'll be doing day to day
Working with a diverse range of exciting corporate clients, where no day will be the same as the last. Typical tasks include:
- Dealing with the completion of annual accounts and tax computations, for both incorporated and unincorporated businesses; plus occasionally UK holding companies of overseas subsidiaries.
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date.
- Drafting correspondence for clients; liaising with HMRC, by telephone and email.
- Providing varied administrative and business services for clients.
- Training and supporting junior members of the team.
- Part qualified or ACA /ACCA qualified.
- Previous audit experience and experience in accounts preparation for partnerships/ LLPs and limited companies.
- Experienced in using automated audit software and computer based accounting and tax compilation programmes.
- Confident, professional and team orientated in approach.
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients.
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have nine offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has annual revenue of over £55 million and a 900-strong team based across our offices. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be. In September 2022, PKF Francis Clark was certified as a Great Place to Work. In February 2023 we were ranked as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (40th out of 79 among large organisations). We work hard to ensure that ours is a culture where you can be yourself, develop and be part of a forward-thinking team that makes brilliant things happen.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits will include: Financial benefits
Pension, group life assurance, group income protection
Health & Wellbeing benefits
Employee Assistance Programme with counselling and support for you and your immediate family, option to buy 5 extra days holiday, virtual GP for you and your immediate family, health cash plan for you (and up to four children) to help cover the costs of everyday healthcare and cycle to work.
Bonuses for career and family milestones, volunteering days, emergency support from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation for current and ex - employees.