Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
It’s a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
Our Audit practice is market leading with an extensive portfolio of flagship clients across all areas of the market. Our team of 40+ experts deliver audit services to our clients from offices across Gibraltar. This provides our staff with a varied experience and great opportunities to learn and develop.
Joining Audit will give you the opportunity to work on both large and smaller audits. There is a broad range of client roles to align to your interest or give you a new challenge. Understanding our clients’ businesses and the risks they face is at the heart of what we do and is of utmost importance in upholding the highest levels of audit quality.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll gain in-depth knowledge into how businesses run, gain direct access to internal stakeholders and clients and work with an unrivalled range of organisations we audit. A rewarding career path awaits, join our team to develop yourself as a professional and benefit from the wide range of development opportunities available at PwC.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Using your team and relationship management skills to ensure that your’s and the audit team’s documentation - from planning to completion of an Audit, meets PwC and regulatory standards;
• Completing a variety of areas of audit work which includes the identification of issues, analysis of data, articulation of findings and the ability to draw informed conclusions;
• Building meaningful relationships and demonstrating curiosity that will allow you to have insightful conversations and provide visible challenge during the Audit;
• Delegating to others to provide learning opportunities and coaching to help deliver the most effective audit approach;
• Building connections across teams and specialist areas within PwC, managing a variety of views and consulting where appropriate;
• Developing new insights and proposing innovative solutions to help enhance audit quality; and
• Put the team first by coaching with purpose, being present with the team and openly communicating expectations.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Be Chartered Accountant / ACA / ACCA / ICAS qualified accountant (or international equivalent) or have equivalent work experience in Audit (including international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience);
• Part qualified ACA/ACCA/ICAS at point of application and working towards your full qualification (you will need to be time and exam qualified prior to your start date)
• Experience of IFRS and/or UK GAAP and international standards on auditing;
• Strong organisational skills, experience of undertaking audit from planning to completion and a track record of challenging yourself and others to complete high quality testing and documentation;
• Ability to establish and nurture relationships which includes communicating clearly with colleagues and organisations we audit;
• Ability to review the work of others’, providing commentary and feedback to support the teams technical development and enhance audit quality;
• Takes pride in their work and in the Audit profession. Shows resilience and demonstrates dedication to self development including being agile and innovative in the digital world.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘Empowered Flexibility’ at PwC Gibraltar.
Our Empowered Flexibility includes flexible working hours, flexible working location and flexible dress code.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.