In a nutshell
Working with a variety of interesting clients, you will play an important role in leading large and more complex audit assignments on site, alongside developing and supporting our talented Audit Seniors and Trainees.
Our Bristol office opened in June 2019 as the firm celebrated its 100th year anniversary, by moving into the area. From what started off as 4x employees, we are proud to now have circa 60 employees, all who bring their own individual strengths within Audit, Business Advisory and Tax.
As one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (2023) by Great Place to Work, our audit roles will enable you to excel in your career whilst enjoying a good work like balance.
For days when you are in our central office, you are spoilt for choice on an array of delicious cuisines on your lunch break, as we are in walking distance to the bustling St Nick's Market. Or enjoy an evening stroll after work along the famous Bristol Harbourside.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Audit planning and carrying out statutory audits of corporate clients, both on-site and in the office
- Leading larger and more complex assignments
- Leading the audit team on-site, ensuring audit procedures are adhered to
- Real contact time with colleagues and a diversified range of clients
- Supporting the manager and partner group on ad hoc projects and assignments
- Supervising and supporting the work of junior team members
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with clients
- Liaising with clients to ensure a smooth and successful client experience
- Producing work for Manager and/ or Partner review
- Highlighting technical or client-specific issues and providing possible solutions
- ACA/ ACCA qualified with relevant experience.
- Statutory audit experience, gained in a professional practice environment, ideally including experience of group audits, and preparing consolidated financial statements (not essential).
- Full clean driving licence with unrestricted access to a car (desirable but not essential).
- Organised and able to plan your own time efficiently.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients.
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care.
- Experience in using automated audit software and computer-based accounts and tax compilation programmes.
- Corporate tax awareness.
- Previous experience of managing and developing people
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have nine offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has annual revenue of over £55 million and a 900-strong team based across our offices. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be. In September 2022, PKF Francis Clark was certified as a Great Place to Work. In February 2023 we were ranked as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (40th out of 79 among large organisations). We work hard to ensure that ours is a culture where you can be yourself, develop and be part of a forward-thinking team that makes brilliant things happen.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits will include: Financial benefits
Pension, group life assurance, group income protection
Health & Wellbeing benefits
Employee Assistance Programme with counselling and support for you and your immediate family, option to buy 5 extra days holiday, virtual GP for you and your immediate family, health cash plan for you (and up to four children) to help cover the costs of everyday healthcare and cycle to work.
Bonuses for career and family milestones, volunteering days, emergency support from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation for current and ex - employees.