Your new company
Non-departmental Government Entity based in Swindon
Your new role
Head of Finance, reporting directly into the CFO, responsible for financial leadership and management. There will also be a managerial oversight of the Corporate Finance team providing financial management services to the Executive Team and Heads of Delivery Service.
This role is offering hybrid working and the requirement in the office will be a maximum of 2 days a week, but, will remain at the CFO's discretion.
- To support members of the Executive Team in financial management of their functions
- Producing and presenting financial results to internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee forecasting, budgeting, spending review and planning exercises
- Actively participate in Senior Leadership Group, project boards, client, senior and other meetings
- Responsible for annual audit and statutory accounts
- Manage, develop, and support Finance team within the Corporate Finance function
- To provide expert financial advice
- Use management information and reporting capabilities to enhance the company's understanding and control of its finances
- Deputise for Chief Finance Officer
- Any other tasks within the scope of the role which may be required and requested by the Chief Finance Officer
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA) accountant
- Significant experience of public sector finance
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills with the ability to interpret and present MI
- Able to successfully influence a range of stakeholders and employees, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to converse with stakeholders and customers concisely, at all levels, in both written and verbal form
- Strong leadership skills with the willingness to be hands-on
- The ability to work autonomously and manage a busy and varied workload
- The ability to organise and prioritise work to meet deadlines and manage the expectations of stakeholders
- Experience of developing and managing staff
- Experience of working with non-finance colleagues
Client has expressed the following 'desirable' attributes/skills, but, these are not essential to consideration:
- Production of statutory accounts
- Experience within a shared business service environment
- Transformation/Change management
- Project accounting
What you'll get in return
This role has a salary banding of up to £60,000 DOE along with excellent pension, benefits and annual leave packages.
These details will be released during the interview process.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.