Your new company
A multi-office full-service firm, this Hays client was an "early adopter" of advisory service-lines, compared to many firms of its size at the time. The hands-on Partner led Forensic team has seen year-on-year growth since inception and the new budget has capacity for a new Manager or Senior Manager.
Your new role
First promotion to Senior Manager is potentially in scope for those who are ready. At SM level you'd be responsible for managing projects, drafting reports and developing/maintaining client and referrer relationships. but in addition, the lead Partner would really like to get you involved in lead conversion - writing proposals/pitches in response to incoming work opportunities. You'd also manage team members, including training and support. Casework is really varied but a snapshot includes:
- Civil work - litigation and expert witness
- Good flow of investigative/fraud work stemming from the R&R practice.
- Cases sizes range from say a sub-£100k fraud up to £multi-millions under investigation
- Derivatives work, probate, damages
- Mass-redress work in financial services
- Overall good flow, good variety
The team is proven at growing people through and handing down early responsibility when ready. If it's within your career ambition, you'd be encouraged to develop named Expert status at Director level and supported in any mediations and/or court appearances.
What you'll need to succeed
ACA or ACCA qualified, you'll have risen to at least established Manager level in Forensic. The firm can consider first-promotion to Senior Manager (for a proven Manager.)
Your Forensic experience will need to have been at least 50% litigation/disputes/expert determination etc.
What you'll get in return
- A team where everyone knows everyone and where you're an individual, not just a "human resource".
- A firm which is well-aligned for internal referrals of work, plus collaboration across service-lines
- The chance to really develop your own profile , and not be over-shadowed by a large brand
- Flexible working policy (flexible pattern around core hours)
- Excellent benefits suite
- A firm which is a proper partnership. Yes there are still some left!!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.