As one of the UK's largest Actuarial practices we're market leaders providing insights and solutions for all businesses that face significant and complex risks. We play an important role in supporting clients through uncertain times. Actuaries analyse how future events could affect businesses and we calculate the impact these events could have on our clients. Using our risk and analytical skills and predictive insights, we calculate the impact of changing demographics or legislation on pension schemes, the effects that changes in financial markets have on different organisations, or how likely a business is to be hit by an earthquake.About Risk:
We're a leading provider of trust in the digital world - in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today's business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.About the team:
A career in our Actuarial Life Services practice, within Actuarial Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute general insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and third party administrators. You'll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. Simply put, you might help analyse the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company's balance sheet or you could be revising businesses' projections and making sure they have adequate reserves.
Our team helps insurers address new financial reporting requirements by assessing the financial and business impacts of regulations, building implementation plans, and implementing relevant requirements, particularly across areas of financial reporting change.Responsibilities:
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Be flexible and have the ability to multitask effectively
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
The skills we look for in future employees:
- We are looking for individuals with relevant experience, or who are looking for new challenges and believe that they can leverage their existing skills in a new environment.
- You should be able to work well as part of a team.
- You should be responsible, decisive, clear thinking and motivated.
- You will have experience in insurance and either be close to or have completed all of your actuarial exams.
- You will be interested in supporting a wide range of engagements in the life insurance space, including audit support and have the agility to develop your capabilities as part of your development journey with PwC.
- In recognition of the need to invest in future growth of the life insurance practice, you'll not only have demonstrated relevant technical skills and experience, but also have the potential over time and with development support, to move on to play a more active role in key client accounts and product areas, using your strong relationship and people management skills.
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyThe Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/diversity