Your new company
This specialist role covers a wide variety of taxes and you will be the point of contact for all tax related matters within the business. This role is leans towards the advisory side, with a 70/30 split for advisory and compliance. You will work as part of the wider finance team, alongside one direct report who will specialise in indirect tax. The majority of the role will revolve around research, corporation tax, international tax, transfer pricing and other areas of tax. There is plenty of internal and external support and prior knowledge of all tax disciplines is not essential. My client offers an excellent hybrid and flexible working policy to ensure work-life balance, with a required 40% of the month in office attendance, allowing you to split your work week as you wish. A comprehensive benefits package with over 40 days annual leave achievable per year, along with a fantastic pension!
Your new role
- Be responsible for overall compliance of the business, ensuring filing deadlines are met, minimising exposure as necessary
- Liaise and work closely with the Big 4, providing support on projects and delivering advice to internal stakeholders
- Ensure risk is minimised in regard to tax exposure, ensure all provisions are accounted for
- Have overall responsibility for VAT, Corporation Tax, International Tax, Transfer Pricing, Global Mobility, WHT and Land Deregistration and sales
- Be responsible for tax strategy documentation
- Advise and support on the set-up of overseas activities in new jurisdictions
- Be involved in new projects, researching tax implications for any new or existing initiatives
- Ensure global mobility compliance within the USA, China and new jurisdictions with support from external advisors
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant or a specialist tax advisory, ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA or equivalent. You will have excellent communication skills to be able to liaise with internal and external stakeholders alike. You will enjoy working as part of a wider team along with external advisors and partners alike. You will have a broad understanding of tax across a variety of facets, or maybe a corporation tax specialist looking to expand their knowledge. Full support and training is provided from the incumbent who is happy to help and support in any capacity as needed, along with a support network across the business, external advisors and the Big 4.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of up to £75,000. Key benefits include an excellent hybrid and flexible working policy, up to 40 days annual leave as well as days for office closure during Christmas accounted for, a fantastic pension over 20%, life cover, bonus and more. My client also offers fabulous facilities with plenty of onsite parking, a state-of-the-art gym with a huge array of sport classes available. Plenty of eating options nearby including pubs, street markets, a local supermarket and a variety of further options to help meet your dietary needs and requirements.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.