Your new company
Leading Public Sector Healthcare provider based in Swindon
Your new role
This is an important role that is key to the success of both the department and organisation. The post holder is expected to work and liaise at all levels demonstrating credibility with the Divisional Management teams, Head of Service and Clinicians at all levels.
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner, the post holder has the following key areas of responsibility:-
- Preparing and submitting a monthly Management Accounts Pack to the Finance Business Partner and to budget holders, together with a commentary to accompany monthly management accounts.
- Designing, producing and maintaining budget reports and other spreadsheet based reports and models in accordance with agreed timetables and departmental policies and procedures.
- Preparing monthly variance reports for specific departments within a Directorate, investigating any variances from the plan and identifying mitigation strategies.
- Meeting regularly with budget holders and providing information and analysis to them regarding their budgets.
- Supporting all the relevant budget holders in the preparation of their annual plan including provision of analysis and projections.
- Advising and supporting budget holders with possible areas for efficiency and productivity improvements.
- Producing action points from budget review meetings, following up and reporting on any unresolved issues.
What you\'ll need to succeed
Excellent analytical and technical accountancy skills
- Able to demonstrate strong influencing and negotiation skills, must be able to present credible and compelling arguments to Divisional Management team, including clinicians, peers, finance staff and to develop effective relationships with them.
- Good inter-personal skills, with the ability to develop strong working relationships with a wide range of Trust staff, managers and Directors
- Experience within the Healthcare sector is beneficial but not essential for this post, but, previous exposure within a large organisation and expert knowledge of their financial systems and processes will be necessary.
What you\'ll get in return
In this role, you will receive excellent support and a competitive rate of pay. This role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to further their career and supply them with a bedrock of skills and experience to progress and make a real difference moving forward.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.