Your new company
The market leader in their jurisdiction, this Advisory firm are specialists in Restructuring, Insolvency, Contentious/Litigious and Fraud. Much of their work is complex and cross-jurisdictional and combines an ideal blend of intellectual challenge and strategic input. Already the largest firm in the area, they are expanding even further due to organic growth and enhanced market share. They are now ready to hire a Manager to both support the busy MD's but also grow into taking appointments in the fullness of time. Instructions range from major/headline newsworthy to smaller-yet-interesting. Having originally been a boutique, the firm is now part of a larger, well-known international Advisory brand and as such the strategy is now to grow further in such areas as Valuations, Forensic, Regulatory, Government Advisory and M&A. Relocation within the international network after time spent offshore is a definite option, if desired.
Your new role
The firm are looking at a number of backgrounds for this Manager role. These could be:
- Contentious and/or formal insolvency
The work can be blended to suit your existing skills and ones you would like to develop further. Utilisation can potentially be bolstered when needed through the UK firm.
Offshore work can be drawn from almost any country/jurisdiction in the world, and this firm is a single global P&L, so there's proper collaboration on new opportunities between all locations.
What you'll need to succeed
In all instances you'll need to have an accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CPA), or JIEB if insolvency.
Proven to Manager level in your specialism. Offshore work is often larger and more complex and a lateral move is usually best to begin with, but with an 100% meritocratic promotion path thereafter
A 2nd language of Mandarin, Portuguese or Spanish would be highly advantageous.
What you'll get in return
- Caribbean climate & lifestyle (plenty of sports both water-based and land-based!)
- Flexible working culture
- Working with some of the nicest (and most successful) people in the industry
- The ability to enhance your own profile if/when repatriating, having a real USP to offer your domestic market
- Excellent benefits including 100% coverage healthcare and 30 days holidays (plus bank holidays)
- Only 8% personal income tax
- A market-leading brand on your CV
- The chance to repatriate within the same firm, or relocate to a new location
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.