As one of the UK's largest Actuarial practices we're market leaders providing insights and solutions for all businesses that face significant and complex risks. We play an important role in supporting clients through uncertain times. Actuaries analyse how future events could affect businesses and we calculate the impact these events could have on our clients. Using our risk and analytical skills and predictive insights, we calculate the impact of changing demographics or legislation on pension schemes, the effects that changes in financial markets have on different organisations, or how likely a business is to be hit by an earthquake.About Risk
We're a leading provider of trust in the digital world - in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today's business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.About the team:
The PwC Actuarial practice comprises over 300 partners and staff. With offices in London, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol and Mumbai, our consultants focus on non-life, life, banking and non-insurance, led by a fifteen strong partner team. This makes us the largest actuarial practice within the large accounting firms. We play the leading role in the 1000+ strong actuarial community in PwC worldwide and often work with specialists from other disciplines within PwC.
A career within the Non-Life Actuarial team will provide you with the opportunity to contribute general insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, regulators, private equity, and related companies such as agents and administrators.
You'll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, business planning, new legislation, and the efficiency and reliability of reporting processes.
Our team advises clients in the general insurance and non-insurance industries on business risks and regulatory updates from natural catastrophes to mortgage defaults. We develop comprehensive risk analysis and mathematical models to help organisations enhance their business forecasting capabilities, limit their risks, and use their data informatively to make better strategic business decisions. Our clients trust us to provide well informed and insightful challenges to their business, and the models they use to inform decision making.
Our practice is market leading in the General Insurance space - offering unparalleled access to solving some of the biggest challenges in the non-life industry today for a vast array of clients - large multi-national composites, Lloyd's & London Market, UK & European Personal & Commercial, and Reinsurance Market including many of the well known brands, from global reinsurers to niche players.Responsibilities:
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
You will have spent most of your career to date in the general insurance market, either within a company, consultancy or regulatory environment.
We are looking for individuals with relevant experience with following key skills:
- who are able to lead and collaborate well as part of a diverse and inclusive team;
- who are agile, clear-thinking and commercially astute;
- who enjoy challenges and complexity and can navigate these effectively, with a passion for problem solving, and delivering valuable insights to stakeholders;
- an ability to communicate complex, technical issues to senior management simply and incisively;
- responsible, self-motivated, and passionate about developing their potential and those around them;
- a strong non-life network, presence in the actuarial industry (for example, working parties, industry forums and events), or be willing and able to actively pursue these opportunities.
- Statement of Actuarial Opinion (SAO) and Lloyd's experience would be beneficial
You will also have a good understanding of a broad range of commonly used capital modelling and risk management techniques and broader commercial awareness of the key issues faced by the market. Additionally, experience across our wider offering would be viewed favourably (Catastrophe Risk; Reserving & Pricing; Exposure Management; Deals; IFRS17; Audit) as would a focus on new and emerging areas (e.g. Cyber, Climate, ESG).
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. We'd also expect you to take an active role in the strategic management and running of the practice and take a lead on one of our core product areas in risk and capital such as risk challenge or climate change/ESG. You'll also have opportunities to be involved as lead actuarial account driver on a number of our UK general insurance clients. On a day-to-day basis, you'll lead, manage and deliver a wide range of concurrent actuarial and multidisciplinary assignments, and act as our clients main point of day-to-day contact on assignments. The Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition:
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.