Risk is all around us and in our complex world, is changing all the time. Our teams bring people from diverse backgrounds together, using their skills and cutting-edge technology, to help solve complex problems. We are pioneers in a world of changing risk and our market leading services build resilient organisations. Join us and together, we can support our clients to rethink risk.
Our Capital Markets, Accounting Advisory & Structuring Services team (CMAS) is a rapidly growing deals business within the Control, Deals, Accounting and Risk Business Unit (CDAR) in PwC's Risk line of service. CMAS supports our clients through moments of exceptional change - whether that is through managing new risks, growth, capital and debt raising, divestitures, stress, or business transformation.
CFOs are under increasing pressure to stay on top of emerging issues and, as part of CMAS, the Treasury and Commodity team is a leading provider of assurance and advisory services to companies facing challenges created by the fast pace of change and volatility in the world markets. Our team is recognised as one of the leading providers of corporate treasury services in the UK.
Treasury involves managing the financial risks of an organisation (funding and liquidity, cash management and market risk management e.g. FX) and covers the end to end process from cash to debt to eliminating volatility from the P&L. Whilst the primary purpose of Commodity Management is to manage risks generated through the management of supply and demand and to reduce them to an acceptable level. Volatility in price, regulatory requirements, political and economical context all have impacts on what we call 'Commodity Management'.Our Team
The world of Treasury and Commodities is changing. With ever changing business, financial and regulatory environments our clients are asking for ever more challenging support. Our expertise includes technical accounting advice on financial instruments, advice on trading, risk management, hedging strategies and derivatives, assessing the impact in deals and helping clients set up and improve their operational and risk management functions.
PwC's Treasury and Commodities team provides a full range of treasury support to clients across non-bank financial services businesses, trading businesses and leading multinational corporations. Our teams provide these specialist services across a wide geographical area, including the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
In the UK, we have the Global Firms largest concentration of expertise including former Treasurers, Analysts, Risk Managers, Traders, IT Specialists and Finance professionals. About the role
We are now seeking ACA or ACCA qualified senior associates to join our team. As a senior associate in the team, you will support the services we provide on audits of our iconic clients' Treasury and Commodity Trading activities. You will also have the opportunity to support non audit clients.
Utilising your skill set you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of treasury and commodity trading related assurance and consultancy services to our clients including:
- Treasury & commodity trading external audit and internal support;
- Reviewing and implementing governance,controls and risk management policies of treasury (including cash management) and commodity trading operations;
- Advice on FX and commodity risk management including the use of hedging strategies; and
- Involvement in the treasury and commodity trading aspects of transaction/M&A related projects including analysing the impact of FX and commodity prices on a business as well as helping to set up treasury and commodity trading functions.
We are a supportive and cooperative team, committed to helping our people develop. We empower and trust our people to work independently, providing coaching and guidance as needed. We work closely with other teams within PwC and you will be encouraged to develop a network of relationships with clients and more broadly across the firm.
You'll work as part of a team and may also have the opportunity to travel within the UK and abroad, as we provide services to many multinational companies.
Our team is a great place to work for those who are looking for an exciting new challenge and who enjoy working with varied and interesting clients across the assurance and advisory domains.Required skills
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
- Audit experience
- Intellectually curious
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and manage well under pressure
- Ability to convey complex information in an understandable format
- The drive and agility to work across a range of areas
- Good verbal and written communication, including report-writing skills
- Good project management and organisational skills
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships
- Proven track record on coaching teams
- Associate member of the ACT, studying towards or intention to study towards
- Knowledge of IFRS 9/ IAS 39/ IAS 32/ IFRS 7
- Understanding of treasury and/or trading controls
- An interest in technology
- Experience of energy or commodity trading or other forms of commodity management
- Familiar with using or building financial or other types of business models
- Work experience in one or more of the following areas from within a corporate or non- bank financial services environment or as an advisor in a leading consultancy or as an auditor:
- Internal audit
- Audit of treasury / cash activities
- Treasury/commodity trading systems/technology
- FX/Commodity trading risk management activities